RCBS RASS

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I don’t think they are making these any more but I found a used one for a decent price and figure it is worth a try.

I haven’t shot off of it yet but it seemed pretty stable when I did some sighting with a rifle.

First impressions:

It is heavy so I don’t think I’ll be packing it very far.

There is just a little slop with the rifle rest portion but once I get in shooting position it stays still.

There wasn’t enough padding where the arm pit rests when shooting. I do most of my shooting in the Summer wearing a t-shirt. With a coat or heavier shirt on, it might be okay. My wife made me a pad to put on it and it feels better to me.

Hoping to try it out on ground squirrels soon.
85a74560565e624a0b3c640289bdfb89.jpg

462f33c32b1a0fc80cb6bb7c8c5d1c04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be interested in your thoughts after you get some use from it . looks like it's worth a try .

jimbires":2i9htgi0 said:
I'll be interested in your thoughts after you get some use from it . looks like it's worth a try .
I’ve been plinking ground squirrels with an air rifle all Summer. They don’t always show up in the same place. This should be quicker to get on target than with the portable bench I’ve been using.
9f93343c64fe986994a0498ee9860a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this new one should be much easier , and quicker , to get on target with . I'll bet it's about as solid as the old one too .

Back