New Forum

NoslerMP

Range Officer
Jun 1, 2011
Please use this forum to post your bullet test results. In the interest of keeping this forum focused, please only post and/or discuss bullet tests in this area. Lets see some mushroomed bullets and blown-up milk jugs!

Mason

Were on it Mason! I can't say we will ever stay directly on topic, but I swear David will try! Scotty :twisted:

Mason........... Is there an easy way we can go search our own posts and find our BULLET TESTS and move them from where they are currently to this new Forum so we can look and compare bullets easier since we've all been doing this a lot lately, or would that be a big pain in the rear?

6mm Remington":29w65fbu said:
Mason........... Is there an easy way we can go search our own posts and find our BULLET TESTS and move them from where they are currently to this new Forum so we can look and compare bullets easier since we've all been doing this a lot lately, or would that be a big pain in the rear?

I was going to ask, but I figured it would be a ton of work as well! Good call David. Scotty

Very cool - and obviously popular.

I wonder though, if it is possible for this to be subdivided by bullet diameter, so that all the .338 tests were clumped together, all the .45's close together, the .30's, etc...

That way a guy who was interested in seeing how bullets for his new 7mm Whatever Magnum could go to the 7mm subdivision and take a look at what kind of results testers were seeing...

Just a thought.

Guy

Wow! You have been busy over night! Like a tribe of nocturnal, expanded bullet obsessed, elves. :)

Myself and I believe the other moderators can move entire threads quickly and easily. I don't know if everyone can. I have a small drop down menu entitled "Quick-Mod Tools" in the lower left corner of my screen at the very bottom of the thread. I don't know if you guys have something similar. I am trying to seek out old threads and move them as I find them, but I may not find them all.

As far as breaking them down into separate categories by bullet diameter, all I can promise is that I will try. I'm learning as I go, so I will give it my best shot. I agree that it is a good idea. I'm glad you like the new forum.

Please let me know anytime you have ideas for things like this. I'm happy to do anything in my power to enhance your enjoyment of the forum. Sending me a PM is the best way to be sure I will see it, or email me directly at masonp@nosler.com

Thanks Everyone!

Mason

Very cool. I came home from work, fired up Nosler Reloading and what do you know - the bullet tests are all separated by caliber!

Thanks!

Someone up there in OR is taking care of us, as usual! What a great site! Scotty

Yes indeed.

I'm thinking that this "Bullet Tests" section could be a very valuable tool for handloaders and hunters who are wondering about bullet performance. When applicable, I've added some comments about my hunting experiences with bullets I've tested & posted here.

Am very impressed with the high quality photos submitted by posters too. Very nice!

Do we need to standardize the test media for bullets not recovered from animals? Sorry...that's my R&D, anal brain showing :roll: . We all know that bullets will look different, depending on what they are shot into.

I think everyone should send Scott their rifles/bullets and have him shoot them into the designated media to document for a library in this section :p

257 Ackley":f8d0ax01 said:
Do we need to standardize the test media for bullets not recovered from animals? Sorry...that's my R&D, anal brain showing :roll: . We all know that bullets will look different, depending on what they are shot into.

I think everyone should send Scott their rifles/bullets and have him shoot them into the designated media to document for a library in this section :p

Whoa - man, that would be alot of work. Joel, send me your 264 first. Wanna make sure it will be okay for hunting this year! :wink:

Back