OK - too cold for water jug testing!

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
I thought I'd tossed all my one-gallon milk jugs while cleaning out the garage a while ago. Turns out I kept a 32 gallon trash bag full of them! I'd say 15+ jugs in there. Cool.

But... it was 18 degrees last night, about 25 now and snowing for the past six hours. Winter storm is supposed to keep dumping snow on us through noon tomorrow! Cool. But no, I'm NOT messing with water-filled gallon jugs of water right now! :mrgreen: Maybe when it warms up to 35 or so...

Guy

A good test for some FMJ or monolythic solids.

JD338

Not quite as bad over here on the west side but it is very windy today and spitting half frozen rain!

Ie is just water with still molecules. It is still noncompressible and might make an intersting test, especially with the 210 Partitions.

Oldtrader3":12s0v46a said:
Ie is just water with still molecules. It is still noncompressible and might make an intersting test, especially with the 210 Partitions.

Well, the molecules are shivering, not dancing. Besides, Guy, it will help us decide whether it is worthwhile shooting frozen elk. :shock:

Hoping to get set up in the back yard this weekend and test the 225gr SGK and NP out of my 358 Win. Also would like to see what the 110 NAB does out of the 257Bob.

What distance have most of these tests occurred? 10, 15, 25 yds??

I've been doing 20 - 25 yards for rifle and 10 yards for handgun.

I want to see the bergers up close.... not at 400 yards.

No u don't Fotis lol

I tried last week with a 175 PT from 7 mag at 2815fps. Jugs at 25 yards for me. Went thru 4 of them before veering off to side due to bad shot placement as they were hitting a lot different then my 162s..now gotta save up few more jugs but I'm curious to see how the 175 PT will do, 6 maybe 7??

Berger might do 4-5 but the bullet will be in pieces.

I've shot them in newspaper and they typically retained 25-40% in weight and were mangled piece of lead

They aren't close range elk bear bullets or even big deer really imo.

CC

30 yds for close shots.

Jorey

7 jugs for the 175 gr PT.

JD338

Back