Testing Procedure Standardization?

jason miller

Handloader
Sep 4, 2012
I know I've seen it posted before, I believe by Guy, where a member has made suggestions on how to set up milk jugs to enhance the likelihood of recovering bullets. Also, I think it might be nice to suggest a standard distance for comparison. It seems like 20-30 yards is most common.

Is there any way a sticky could be made with those tips and maybe the suggestion of a standard distance to use? I have two dozen milk jugs on hand, and it's supposed to be around 50 degrees here this weekend. I'm getting the itch to play!

jason, not sure if we did did it right but my boy and I just tested a bunch of bullets for a science project, he did most of the shooting. We shot from 30 yards, sat him on the sticks, and a chair. The jugs we filled right to the top and caped them off. I put a dot on the middle of the jugs and let him go, we were trying to capture 3 slugs from each bullet tested, as long as he hit center of the jugs we never lost a bullet, twice he hit towards the side and we lost those and had to shoot again. Most jugs have have the circles on 2 sides, we used one of the circles as a bullseye, and lined up 8 jugs back to back tight together. I am not expert but we did catch 14 out of 16 slugs. It was fun as could be. face all the jugs the exact same way.jugs shooting.jpg

Back