.348" 200 grain Silvertip

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Found this stuck in the 5th jug. Weighed 134.8. It was outta the 348 Winchester. Pretty killer little mushroom.

They do expand nicely. The 150gr Silver Tip was my fathers favorite factory load in the 30-06 and he used it to kill most of his deer. Funny thing is he always backed them up with 180gr Core Locks.

I believe that would work for an elk, Scotty. It would do a good job on a black bear, as well.

Yeah, I think it'd work okay! Man, that rifle is a lot of fun!

Jim/Fotis, we need a .348" section! Jeeze, how am I supposed to conduct this science stuff if you all don't give me an outlet! Ha!

It was the Winchester factory load Fotis. Not sure of the spec's of it to be honest.

I have some 200 grain Hornady's, but I think I wanna try some of the 250's around. Either the Woodleigh's or Barne's Original's. I almost got some 230 Northforks or 200 grain Swift's, but they were both outta stock when I was looking. If you see any of the 250's around, let me know. I think the Woodleighs would be right up the 348's alley.

It was the Winchester factory load Fotis. Not sure of the spec's of it to be honest.

I have some 200 grain Hornady's, but I think I wanna try some of the 250's around. Either the Woodleigh's or Barne's Original's. I almost got some 230 Northforks or 200 grain Swift's, but they were both outta stock when I was looking. If you see any of the 250's around, let me know. I think the Woodleighs would be right up the 348's alley.

I can send you a few 200 grain gummies! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SST-ML%20cutaway.jpg

HA! I am sticking with the big lead exposed bullets.. Just for the heck of it. I wanna see what those big bullets do. Although, I can't see much holding onto the 200 grain bullets to be honest. They have gotta leave a heckuva mark!

SJB358":x17jjptn said:
HA! I am sticking with the big lead exposed bullets.. Just for the heck of it. I wanna see what those big bullets do. Although, I can't see much holding onto the 200 grain bullets to be honest. They have gotta leave a heckuva mark!
can't nothin in wv shake them off
RR

Ridge_Runner":3rlszb87 said:
SJB358":3rlszb87 said:
RR

I would imagine that's the case most anywhere. I've shot that rifle more than anything else lately. Danged thing is fun.

SJB358":35unwoph said:
Ridge_Runner":35unwoph said:
SJB358":35unwoph said:
RR

I would imagine that's the case most anywhere. I've shot that rifle more than anything else lately. Danged thing is fun.

That's pretty much always the case with lever guns.

Nice bullet performance. That should work on anything you would want to hunt with the 348 Win.

JD338

Alaska":2tvhbrqb said:
The 250gr Silvertip

I wish I could find a couple 100 of these......

Same here Alaska.. If only for nostalgia.

Fotis, I've got some 200 Swifts on the shelf. Need some time but I'll work em eventually.

Back