Accubond vs ABLR vs Eld-X close range performance testing

DarkMoose

Beginner
Dec 19, 2016
Just did some test last weekend to compare my previous bullet, the AccuBond 180gr vs the new one the AccuBond Long range 210gr. My concern was about close range terminal performance because here we mostly hunting moose at distance bellow 100yards. I really liked the AccuBond 180 but my new 300wm have a prety sick fast twist and with a SG of 3.5 I must find a heavier bullet. So I decide to try the new ABLR in the heaviest version, the 210 and a friend have some Hornady Eld-X 200 gr.

The 3 have near the same velocity at impact.
2700 fps shoot in filled with water plastic gallon

AccuBond 180gr
Pass through 4th gallon
Still 123.6 gr for a weight retention of 69%
The 2nd and 3rd gallon explode

AccuBond LR 210gr
Pass throught 5th gallon
Still 94.5 gr for a weight retention of 45%
The 1st and 2nd gallon explode

Eld-X 200 gr
Pass through 4th gallon
Still 70 gr for a weight rentention of 35% (note the lead core seperate when I left it on the scale)
The 1st and 2nd gallon explode

Man I really want to like ELD-X for the BC and price but I just can’t get past the explosive stories. Maybe I missed it but at what range did you shoot your jugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like any of them should work fine for you.. Hard to beat any of the three at that speed. Cool test, thank you for sharing.

fightthenoise":3e3tqwpo said:
Man I really want to like ELD-X for the BC and price but I just can’t get past the explosive stories. Maybe I missed it but at what range did you shoot your jugs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 yard.

The Eld-x was really limit to still in one piece, so I definitely wont consider it for my style of hunting. The ABLR between 0 to 500 yards will be my choice.

Alos the just was the windshield washer type

Back