Two Hogs, Two Recovered Partitions

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
The skinner found the Partition from my hog as well as the one from daughter's hog

Both were 140 grain. Mine from a 6.5 PRC and hers from a 7mm-08. The PRC shot was about 20 yards and the 7-08 at about 75 yards, so both were carrying quite a bit of their speed..Both were found under the hide after punching through both shoulders on the hogs, both hogs were right at the 300 lb mark. Her hog just collapsed and twitched for about 2 seconds and mine made it about 20 feet and kicked for about 10 seconds..

Seems these two partitions did exactly as they were designed to do:

Attachments

• nos parts 2.jpg
    nos parts 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3,009
  • Nos parts 1.jpg
    Nos parts 1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,007
Excellent recovery on both bullets. Good intel for those of us focused on terminal performance.

I honestly have never thought about trying to recover a bullet from a hog I’ve zapped.

I always shoot them in the head and that part just gets dropped in the gut bucket with the hide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SJB358":209mkcwq said:
Very nice..

Man, them hogs are tough on bullets!
Yea, these were caked in mud then has to pass through the shield, hide, fat, and shoulder blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love a Partition! They’ve been getting it done in style for a long time and remain the standard by which all others are judged!
V/R,
Joe

Found a sow in heat one deer season, she had several big boars tending, they were in bad young pine plantations thickets ,
I crawled around on my hands and knees for 2 days to kill those boars , ended up killing 4 huge old boars with 7mm-08 with 140 Accubonds on top of Varget , no shots were over 15 yards, one was 8 or 10 feet .

Boars had thick heavy shields and not one bullet exited and you just had to pull the trigger when you seen hair .

I'm not sure I would have attempted that with any other bullet ,
They call it a "poor mans cape Buffalo hunt" , not sure about that but it sure made your heart race a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

congratulations!
My closest shot was less than 10y on boar, too.
In the open and they were facing me without seeing me at night.

I wondered for a moment thinking: what happens if the run straight on?
Thinking ended when one turned broadside...
Those shields can absorb quite some energy and it can close like rubber, even on the exit side making tracking challenging

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3a XL mit Tapatalk

Here are 2 from that 2 days ,

My trusty 7mm-08 Tikka
af7cfa56a1e014ca5f8ef845ca1bcdba.jpg
a02e7d7ac9af8940d427e527f5422b1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back