53 gr varmageddon load ... any data?

RMTC

Beginner
Apr 13, 2017
Hi guys. New to this forum.
I bought a 250 ct pack of the 53 gr varmageddon to try in my 8 twist .22-250.
I had the gun throated for the 75 gr amax but I found I'm not long ranging like I planned when I had the gun built . Saw these bullets on sale so I had to give them a whirl.
So far I have a decent load worked up with varget that shoots sub moa at 150 yards lying prone in the yard off of pods (the way this rifle is going to hunt ground hogs). No chrono but they are humming pretty good I think. I've used Hodgden, nosler and lee data from 52 grain bullets to help me through it and using a 2.380 OAL.
Is there any official nosler data yet?
Thanks
Rob

Thanks. I've seen these but has anyone developed any proven loads and printed them for this bullet? Maybe I'm not seeing the 53 varmageddon in the load data provided. I'm sure I'm on the right track with what I've loaded so far though. Just need the breeze to lie down so I can get some groups at 300 yards.

Fired a 200 yard 5 shot group yesterday. A little breezy... 1 1/4" at 200. Off of pods laying prone in the yard.
36.5gr of varget. 2.380 oal

RMTC":v2du1xa9 said:
Fired a 200 yard 5 shot group yesterday. A little breezy... 1 1/4" at 200. Off of pods laying prone in the yard.
36.5gr of varget. 2.380 oal

Can't ask for much more than that!

Anymore real world information on this bullet, how close is it to its advertised bc and terminal performance

Sounds like you have a good load.
Welcome to the forum.

JD338

Back