60 grain partition from CZ 527 18.5 in Barrlel 1in12twist?

bcraig

Beginner
Feb 28, 2012
Hi, new here with my first post.
I recently got a CZ 527 Carbine with 18.5 inch barrel and 1 in 12 twist.
Wanting to use the Federal premium load with 60 grain Partitions for deer hunting.
Figuring the Velocity will probably be around 3100 FPS or so ?
Think this load will stabilize in the Carbines barrel ?
Thanks,Craig

The 60 gr PT will stabilize in a 1:12 twist.

JD338

Unless your a tiny child starving to death may I suggest that you use a real gun!

Real men shoot guns that will take the game in a quick humane way.

use_enough_gun.jpg

Hi bcraig,

I've been researching and loading up the 60gr partitions for my 22-250 that has a 1/12 twist. Maybe someone can confirm this, but I've read that this Partition was developed to stabilize in the 1/12's. I used Bergers twist rate calculator on their webpage and the Partition had the highest miller stability rating out of the bullet weights I wanted to use. If you want to try some without breaking the bank, shootersproshop sells them for a good discount.

I'm getting 3400 fps, .8-1.2 moa. I'm still playing with seating depth and primers and seems to prefer a long jump into the lands. It is extremely low recoiling in the T/C Venture.

Savage99":jjx4znzd said:
Unless your a tiny child starving to death may I suggest that you use a real gun!

Real men shoot guns that will take the game in a quick humane way.

use_enough_gun.jpg

Everyone has differing opinions on "killing power" but I have seen quite a few deer shot with 50-55 grain bullets from 22 cal rifles and most all were bang flops. I use a little bigger gun though. It should stabilize I would think.

Back