65gr SGK

EastTNHunter

Beginner
May 10, 2017
Fired from an M4 AR15 at 60 yards into my younger daughters first deer. Ran under 50yd before piling up. Raining steadily, so I can’t comment on blood trail. No bullet recovered, as it kept on going...

285B0BFE-58B5-4B21-A1E7-E28FFA1FC5AF.jpeg

06B9AF6D-FAD8-4994-9139-AAA63067C598.jpeg

Congratulations to the young huntress! She did very well on her first deer. That should provide some excellent table fare, making her proud each time a meal is served with "her deer."

I've been using this bullet exclusively in my S&W MP 15. The performance center barrel is a 1X8. The Sierra tech advised that this bullet is designed for deer sized game. I find it to be very accurate and definitely stays together. To the best of my knowledge Wilson combat is the only company who commercially loads this bullet. Bill Wilson had nothing but good things to say about the bullet.

I've been using this bullet exclusively in my S&W MP 15. The performance center barrel is a 1X8. The Sierra tech advised that this bullet is designed for deer sized game. I find it to be very accurate and definitely stays together. To the best of my knowledge Wilson combat is the only company who commercially loads this bullet. Bill Wilson had nothing but good things to say about the bullet.

Excellent! Over the years I had the duty of shooting a number of mule deer with my AR-15 and duty ammo. That ammunition was 55 grain bonded soft point from Federal. It always did a fine job.

Guy

Congratulations to your daughter. She did a great job. Excellent bullet performance.

JD338

Congratulations to daughter and a proud dad! Those East TN mountain deer are sometimes hard to come by...

The SGK are solid all around bullets. I can't remember a single bad word about them in any caliber.

I have heard a few horror stories about 224 sized bullets and deer but looks like it performed flawlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back