70 grain .224 Accubond

hainleym

Beginner
Dec 28, 2016
Has anyone seen these for sale?
Any specifics on twist rate for 223?
Nosler load data for this bullet in 223?

None available anywhere that I've noticed. An 8 twist would be a safe bet. Larger cartridges could probably use a 9 twist.
At the speed generated in a .223, I'm not sure why an AccuBond would be needed.

Ideal for the 22 Nosler. They should be available sometime this summer. I'm looking forward to running them in my AR-15 22 Nosler. If they shoot, it will be my go to bullet. Primarily for coyotes.
Hoping to get them in time to find a load, get a 200 yard zero and shoot some crop damage deer this summer.
I'll post the BC as soon as it becomes available.

JD338

I am asking because I have a CS-527 American. I thought it might be a good bullet for hogs. It just seemed interesting. Sorry to take up anyone's time and effort for a frivolous question. I will keep my questions to myself from now on.

hainleym":30zdccos said:
I am asking because I have a CS-527 American. I thought it might be a good bullet for hogs. It just seemed interesting. Sorry to take up anyone's time and effort for a frivolous question. I will keep my questions to myself from now on.

No one took your question as frivolous. If you have questions; feel free to post. And you are correct
- it might be a good bullet for hogs.

FOTIS":2npl4i5y said:
CZ 527??? Is that a CZ also what twist is it

Fotis - here's a link to the CZ 527 American:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

According to CZ it has a 21.8" barrel with a 1:9 twist.

There are quite a few different versions of the 527 available, mine is a varmint rifle with a bit heavier 25" barrel, chambered in 204 Ruger. Very accurate and well made rifles with a set trigger.

Hainleym - I'm not sure anyone here has used the particular bullet you've asked about. I have not, but yes, I suspect that a 70 grain, bonded soft point bullet would do rather well on hogs.

Regards, Guy

hainleym":2eybqipq said:

hainleym,
I don't think anyone, including myself, thought your question was frivolous. I'm glad you asked the question.
I'm looking forward to seeing this bullet released. It will be excellent in the 223 Remington on up to 220 Swift and 224 TTH for deer and hogs. There is slim pickings for tough 224 cal bullets and the 70 gr AB does this with a decent BC too. I think it will be winner in the 223 Rem

JD338

If I hadn't to use lead-free, that one would be the next bullet for my savage with a 1:7 twist!

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":2cw16fxi said:
If I hadn't to use lead-free, that one would be the next bullet for my savage with a 1:7 twist!

The AccuBond bullets have a lead core, that is bonded to the jacket.

Nosler does make the E-Tip, which is a lead-free bullet. But the poster was asking about the AccuBond.

Guy

Guy Miner":77q7i1uf said:
noslerpartition":77q7i1uf said:

The AccuBond bullets have a lead core, that is bonded to the jacket.

Nosler does make the E-Tip, which is a lead-free bullet. But the poster was asking about the AccuBond.

Guy
I know and understood.
Was just wishing I could use that bullet...
I use a LOS HT bullet in 223.
Similar to the lehigh cc.

My 22 Nosgar puts the 64 gr bonded into 1" or less,it would be interesting to see what the 70 will do.

Any updates?

Hopefully it will come in with a BC pushing 0.400 or so. Would make it a great all rounder from varmints to light deer.

With the length listed they should / oughta’ stabilise fine in a 1-9” twist I’d think. They’re shorter than the Hornady 75g BTHP and they are very accurate in my 1-9” Howa.

Don't think I'd use a bonded bullet for varmints. Depending on your definition of what a varmint is and the ricochet factor. Sort of depends on the velocity as a deer bullet also.

hogginlong":1eqsc17e said:
Don't think I'd use a bonded bullet for varmints. Depending on your definition of what a varmint is and the ricochet factor. Sort of depends on the velocity as a deer bullet also.
As a dedicated Varmint Load I wouldn’t either, I just meant if that’s what you happened to be carrying when you saw a rabbit or fox.

I’d stick with light bullets at high speed for dedication to Varmints.

Back