6mm AccuBond Loads...

I haven't loaded any yet, but I might this afternoon and do a test on them tomorrow and shoot a couple groups. The weather really sucks here right now. The wind is blowing and they say it could be 20-50 mph gusts with rain and snow. Hear the mountains might get up to 16" and it could snow down as low as about 4500 feet.

Even if I don't get to shoot groups because of the weather, I might have a few I fire through some jugs. This is what I would like to do is shoot each one of these through jugs at 25 yards and photograph and compare them.
100 gr. Nosler Partition
90 gr. Nosler E-tip
90 gr. Nosler AccuBond

I thought I would just shoot a couple of my son's loads in my 6mm since I have 4 inches more barrel and see what it does. I get some loaded up though and shoot for groups I'll let you know how it goes.
David

6mm Remington":m7gc3wff said:
I haven't loaded any yet, but I might this afternoon and do a test on them tomorrow and shoot a couple groups. The weather really sucks here right now. The wind is blowing and they say it could be 20-50 mph gusts with rain and snow. Hear the mountains might get up to 16" and it could snow down as low as about 4500 feet.

Even if I don't get to shoot groups because of the weather, I might have a few I fire through some jugs. This is what I would like to do is shoot each one of these through jugs at 25 yards and photograph and compare them.
100 gr. Nosler Partition
90 gr. Nosler E-tip
90 gr. Nosler AccuBond

I thought I would just shoot a couple of my son's loads in my 6mm since I have 4 inches more barrel and see what it does. I get some loaded up though and shoot for groups I'll let you know how it goes.
David

Can't wait to see your results! Be cool if you could catch them AB in both rifles then we would have 3 different velocities to take observations from!

nvbroncrider":2b5v0fa7 said:
6mm Remington":2b5v0fa7 said:
David

Can't wait to see your results! Be cool if you could catch them AB in both rifles then we would have 3 different velocities to take observations from!

Consider it done sir. If I get my rear in gear, maybe I can get a few loaded up tomorrow just to see how they work. I'll see what I can do. Here's a thought too. I almost forgot I have my boy's (was mine) model 600 with the 18.5 inch barrel. That would give us quite a bit slower fps for another comparison. Just for comparison sake, it shoots a 100 gr. Nosler at 2800 fps where in my #1B with just a bit more powder than the load for this rifle, I get 3100 fps.
David

Back