Brand New Here

D21ALASKA

Handloader
Oct 29, 2013
Hey Guys,
I'm brand new to the reloading field and am looking for a bit of real world advice on some loads for the 90 gr. Accubonds in my .243 Win. I'm hoping it will shoot well out of my rifle and be a good all around projectile for me. I've got both Nosler and Remington brass and some H4350 powder at the moment. I'm on the lookout for some RL-19 and 22 but haven't been able to locate any yet. I've also got the Speer and Nosler reload manuals and will be studying them fastidiously, but like I said I'm brand new and like advice from actual people. Any help or suggestions on any facet is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Again, welcome aboard. You're sure to find a warm welcome from the people hanging out around here. I would encourage you to wander over to the new members thread (http://www.noslerreloading.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22761), and give us an introduction. Your background can be an encouragement to others, and I'm certain as we get to know you you will find sage advice from some quality people.

Thanks again DrMike. I have done just that, as you've seen, but I'll copy it here for everyone else as well so we don't all have to jump back and forth between posts.

Hey Folks,
Brand new to the forum and reloading in general and it was suggested I take a minute and do an introduction of myself to everyone. My name is Ben and I live on the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. I'm getting into reloading pretty much because of the lack of availability of ammunition, which is compounded by the fact that I live in AK which has fewer options than most for retailers and that no one will ship live ammo here from the lower 48 due to federal regulations. I shoot mainly for hunting purposes, which is to say I don't go through 1,000 rounds a month at the range but like to at least shoot a box or two every month to stay in practice. I'm hoping that reloading will help me get even better performance out of my rifles, I shoot a .243 and .30-06 almost exclusively, and give me another indoors hobby for the long dark winters we're famous for. As far as hunting, I pretty much hunt anything that's in season from Spruce Grouse to Moose and will be putting in extra effort this winter for my first Wolf over a predator call. Otherwise I enjoy doing anything outdoors from fishing to snowmachining, (just picked up my new Tundra last week) and have been known to rebuild an engine or two in my day as well. Not sure what else really but I'm sure I'll be talking with quite a few of you over the coming months/years and am looking forward to this new hobby. It looks like I've got quite a bit to learn.

Thanks Everyone

Kenai walmart has been stocking some powder lately, as well as impact guns and sportsmans warehouse in soldatna. Believe me there is more components down there than up here in anchorage. I'm down there regularly and will keep an eye open for you

Bear,
Thanks for the heads up. It never even crossed my mind to look at Walmart. I'm on the slope at the moment but will be making the rounds on Tuesday when I get home. I'll keep you in the loop as well. Looking for anything specific?

Not a bad group hangs out here. Most have a broad knowledge/background in firearms, shooting, hunting and reloading.

Ask and yee shall receive :) !

Welcome aboard,

Re22, retumbo, 7828, that impact guns gets some in time to time. Probably retumbo above all else.

Back