.243 100gr Partition-95gr Ballistic Tip-90gr Accubond

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Shot into jugs today from 25yds from .243 Winchester Tikka T3

100gr Partition 2950fps 5 jugs-65grs .474"
95gr Ballistic Tip 3025fps 4 jugs (almost5)-48grs .465"
90gr AccuBond 3060fps 4 jugs-49grs .525"

I like the Partition, but like the way the Ballistic Tip held up 8)

Lou

Nice work Lou.
The 100 gr PT is tough to beat in the 243 Win.

JD338

JD338":1obz2f4k said:
Nice work Lou.
The 100 gr PT is tough to beat in the 243 Win.

JD338

Yah Jim, awesome bullet for sure pal, it exited the 5th jug, I found it on the table between jug 5 and 6, the front core was in the 5th jug, super performace for this 6mm bullet, and accurate to boot too (y)

Any of those would prove eminently adequate for deer-sized game. Good job, Lou.

Very nice Lou. I am always impressed with that 95 BT

The 100 PT is always a solid performer.

Don't see on deer how you'd go wrong with any of them. The BT is impressive, despite all the concerns. :grin: :grin: Actually, the BT is as solid in that test as the AB it seems.
Good stuff and thanks!

Dwh7271":3h1kpfrw said:
Don't see on deer how you'd go wrong with any of them. The BT is impressive, despite all the concerns. :grin: :grin: Actually, the BT is as solid in that test as the AB it seems.
Good stuff and thanks!
I agree too :) ..the PT came out as I expected it to be, just perfect and lots of penetration, now not knocking the 90gr AB, the 95gr BT seems to be the much better bullet in the .243, heck the first 2 jugs just exploded and were tore up pretty bad, man this BT at close range had the core fully intact!..I know Scotty and Guy both have high regards to this bullet, after doing this test, I now join them :) ..the 6mm 95gr BT is one tough nut for sure, and well kill deer like lightning (y)

Lou

Nice testing LD375. Just needed a 90 gr. E-tip in the mix and you would have covered them all! (y)

Found one just for comparison. Aren't those tests a lot of fun. Really builds confidence in these Nosler bullets too!

6mm Remington":2nvar4mj said:
Nice testing LD375. Just needed a 90 gr. E-tip in the mix and you would have covered them all! (y)

Found one just for comparison. Aren't those tests a lot of fun. Really builds confidence in these Nosler bullets too!

Nice catch David (y) ..The E-tip looks awesome, I'll be testing them out as well 8) ..yeah, these tests are a lot of fun for sure, I like killing jugs :lol: :wink:

Lou

Nice testing! Thank you.

Yes, those 95 BT's are very effective. Killed just one deer with 243. Used the 95 BT at 3,030 fps.
Broadside through center of the ribs just behind the shoulder, a shy 100 yards. Exit wound just a bit bigger than a golf ball. A smallish deer (120 lbs?) just collapsed right there in his tracks.

There's a story floating around that the 95 gr Ballistic Tip was a pet project of one particular bullet designer at Nosler. Gale Root? I could have the name wrong... That was dredged up from badly damaged memory banks...

At any rate - my experience with that bullet goes back at least a dozen years - and several deer - from our 6mm Remington. I load 'em, my son shoots 'em. I praise them online. :mrgreen:

Any of those bullets are good.

The E-Tip David showed us is AMAZING. And his family has dropped elk with it...

Guy

My son father and brother all shot or shoot .243, 95 BT has put many a deer in the freezer without fail. It's our go to bullet.

I have always been a 100g PT shooter, between this and this years experience with 7mm BT's I have decides to try the 95g BT in 243!

Guy Miner":3mh1vpha said:
There's a story floating around that the 95 gr Ballistic Tip was a pet project of one particular bullet designer at Nosler. Gale Root? I could have the name wrong... That was dredged up from badly damaged memory banks...

At any rate - my experience with that bullet goes back at least a dozen years - and several deer - from our 6mm Remington. I load 'em, my son shoots 'em. I praise them online. :mrgreen:

Any of those bullets are good.

The E-Tip David showed us is AMAZING. And his family has dropped elk with it...

Guy

Yes it was Gail Root. Steve Timm has discussed it several times over on 24HourCampfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the 95 NBT was designed by Gale Root as a big game plus everything else bullet. Steve Timm has discussed it several times over on 24HourCampfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent test. I can also vouch for the 90 grain AB. I took a nice big bodied 3x3 Whitetail this year at 260 yards with this bullet. Muzzle velocity was 3,066 so impact velocity was right at 2,400. Retained 58.2 grains and expanded to .516. Perfect mushroom. He was bedded when I shot him and never got up, shot behind the front shoulder, recovered under hide on the off side.

Shot from my Model 70 .243. Nosler brass, CCI Br2 primers, 46 grains H4831SC. First game I've taken with the 90, pretty impressed.

Thanks for the test.

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3560.JPG

Man, that looks PERFECT! Can't argue about that at all. The premiums in the 243 really do make them look a bunch bigger than they used to!

Back