90gr Swift Scirocco, plus accuracy test

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
Shot into jugs @15yds, muzzle velocity of just over 3100 fps, caught the "ROCK" in jug #6,
retained weight was 80grs and expanded to .582"

Lou (y)

Sciroccos have always performed well for me; and that one looks about perfect. Good catch, Lou.

DrMike":d0xwdoxw said:
Sciroccos have always performed well for me; and that one looks about perfect. Good catch, Lou.

Thanks Mike, I love testing bullets :grin:
Here's the Scirocco, Partition,AccuBond and ballistic tip just for a better picture of the bullets I've tested so far in the .243 (6mm)

They all shoot great, I have yet to shoot the Scirocco as of yet, well do so tomorrow with my 1/10" twist Tikka, it's 50/50?

Lou

Very nice Lou. I'd dare say that is the best looking one of the bunch...

I think it'll shoot fine in your 243 buddy. Hope it shoots well. That's danged good performance.. Might ahve to grab a box of them for my 243.

SJB358":18gmxd4i said:
Very nice Lou. I'd dare say that is the best looking one of the bunch...

I think it'll shoot fine in your 243 buddy. Hope it shoots well. That's danged good performance.. Might ahve to grab a box of them for my 243.

Thanks Scotty :) ..I'm impressed with the toughness of this bullet pal, makes the .243 seem like a bigger caliber, If they shoot well for me tomorrow, I'll be using this bullet for black bear come Sept..Right now it's a toss up between the PT and Scirocco for bear, but based on my test results, the Scirocco well be devastating on thin skinned game, with proper shot placement I'd even shoot game up to and including elk/moose up to 200 yards pal (y)

Lou

I have several boxes of the 100 grain Sciroccos in 6mm. I need to load them up for my grandson's .243. That would be a fine bullet for that little cartridge. Actually, I have quite a collection of 6mm bullets to test. I'd better get on it shortly. The kid's growing. :grin:

DrMike":2idvxzwy said:
I have several boxes of the 100 grain Sciroccos in 6mm. I need to load them up for my grandson's .243. That would be a fine bullet for that little cartridge. Actually, I have quite a collection of 6mm bullets to test. I'd better get on it shortly. The kid's growing. :grin:

Yeah Mike, it sure would be pal :grin: ..Man, I love my .375 a bunch, but with good bullets that .243 can cause some serious damage to big game pal, I'm up for the challenge myself, and have no worries what's so ever if I do my part :wink: Go for it! :wink:

Lou

Took the Tikka and Scirocco's for a test drive today, they seem to shoot well in the 1/10" twist Tikka, here's a few pics from todays results :)

3 shot group @100yds .534"

Backed off to 200yds, 5 shot group, .896"

Thanks for looking,
Lou (y)

That's putting 'em in there, Lou. I do believe that combination of load and shooting will work for you. (y)

DrMike":qi7w8d5f said:
That's putting 'em in there, Lou. I do believe that combination of load and shooting will work for you. (y)

Thanks Mike :) ..this is factory loaded ammo, I just wanted to see how they would perform in the jugs and how they would group as well (no scope adjustments) I'm dialed in with the 95gr BT at the moment. I did however purchase a 50ct of the E-Tips and a 100ct of the Scirocco's today, Man I have a bunch of Nosler bullets loaded up so far 8) ..With that being said, I'm pretty sure I can duplicate the factory loaded Scirocco to shoot the same and or better, hey, that's the fun part of it (y)

I plan on using the .243 for black bear come September over bait with either the 100gr PT or 90gr Scirocco, I like challenges and I'm sure either of these great bullets with proper shot placement well dispatch a 200-300lb bruin :twisted:

Lou (y)

Dang Lou. Can't beat that. With it shooting like that I'd have a ton of confidence in it. Sweet combo for deer and whatever else you might use them on.

The Scirocco is one of the best bonded bullets out there and that little 90 gr 6mm certainly did well. Your Tikka looks very nice and shoots like Tikka's almost always do.

SJB358":2jj6iiri said:
Dang Lou. Can't beat that. With it shooting like that I'd have a ton of confidence in it. Sweet combo for deer and whatever else you might use them on.

Thanks Scotty,should work great pal :wink:

Are they as hard to get to shoot as the scirocco 1?

FOTIS":2em5czdx said:
Are they as hard to get to shoot as the scirocco 1?

Not in my opinion Fotis. I have worked with them in the 7mm and they were just about like an AB and when you find the spot, they are consistently very accurate. I haven't found them anymore fussy than any of the AB's I have worked with. Plus, they are very consistent from different lots of bullets. That part has bit me in the butt a few times with AB's of different lot numbers.

Great! Because the first version was horrible to work with!

Back