243 100 gr partition

ReloadKy

Handloader
May 13, 2020
Brand new to the forum and happy to be a part. My son is 6 and loves to shoot his 243. He also LOVES to blast milk jugs with his 243. We recently tried a 100 gr Partition as I was thinking of using them for deer hunting this year. I worked up a load and we tried it out of his rem 700 compact. The load produced 2800 fps and had excellent results. We had jugs lined up on a board. The bullet penetrated the 6th jug!!! This was the best results we have had yet in terms of penetration, weight retention and mushroom. The mushroom was perfect and the weight retention was 72%. We had already tried sierra, hornady and factory winchester. None of them could beat the Partition!!

No doubt!! I tried the same test with a 7 Mag 140 gr sierra game king and that sucker stopped in the 4th jug!! Kind of blew me away that the "lowly" 243 over penetrated the 7 mag at the same distance.

Welcome to the forum. Yup, the PT is an impressive bullet. That bullet will take out shoulder bones and make it into the vitals.

JD338

Thanks JD! I plan to load some 150 Partition in my 7 mag for this deer season instead of the 140 SGK. I think I will like the results!

No Doubt!
100 PT and 95 BT is what we load in our 243's. Can't go wrong.

ReloadKy":15m5ffaj said:
Thanks JD! I plan to load some 150 Partition in my 7 mag for this deer season instead of the 140 SGK. I think I will like the results!

Welcome to the forum.

A young hunter shot his first animal, a black bear, last Saturday using my 7mm RM and a 150 gr Partition and it works great! Will be good for deer and I would also be totally comfortable shooting moose with them as well.

Back