Sierra 120hpbt@3050

double_d

Beginner
Dec 30, 2011
Shot out of my 25/06AI at 3050.....I have always heard that this was one tough bullet.

This load shoots less than 1/2" for me....but I will not be using it after this test.

Yeah, that doesn't look like my kinda bullet. Great test though, can't beat having the info on the different bullets though.. You are really making the rest of us look like slackers..

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder if the water is harder on hollow point bullets - forcing them to expand too fast?

Dunno. Sure messed up that one!

I have read that it is indeed a tough bullet. It was a favorite of the late Bob Milek.
It sure would have toasted lungs.

JD338

JD338":3fvfddv2 said:
I have read that it is indeed a tough bullet. It was a favorite of the late Bob Milek.
It sure would have toasted lungs.

JD338

No doubt, dead critter.....just not what I am looking for.

Yeah, I've experienced good results with the same bullet in other calibers. Surprising but not, as it is a C&C that was exposed to a severe test. I would imagine that at impact velocities below 2800 it would have done better. Probably best saved for 257R or 250Savage applications.

They do make some accurate shooting bullets as we all know.

Thanks for the effort!

CatskillCrawler":kc24r5w0 said:
Yeah, I've experienced good results with the same bullet in other calibers. Surprising but not, as it is a C&C that was exposed to a severe test. I would imagine that at impact velocities below 2800 it would have done better. Probably best saved for 257R or 250Savage applications.

They do make some accurate shooting bullets as we all know.

Thanks for the effort!
I tend to agree with the above. I'd bet that on game out past 200 yards, give or take that the bullet would probably work just fine. I'd try some in my .257 Bob but I doubt 10 gr. less weight would make much different, My M70 Featherweight is a total dog with 120 gr. bullets and frankly, not all that hot with the 100 gr. bullets. Even after a glass bedding, free floating anf trigger job the best it will do with 100 gr. bullets is 1.25". :( I'm gona do some tinkering with seating depth to see if that might do the trick. No matter, the accuracy is adequate for deer and the like out past any distance I might take a shot with that rifle. Doesn't mean I won't try as see if I can get better though. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Paul B.

Back