25-06 accuracy with 115 BTs

Horsethief

Handloader
Jul 5, 2012
There is one regular hole and another one that is really two holes from 115gn BTs @ 100 yards. I have a 25-06 with a 26" barrel. I used Remcases, Rem large rifle primers with 53.5gn of H-4831. That is a bit over Hodgdon's published max load, but there were no signs of overpressure.

Attachments

• 115gn Nosler BT 53.5gn H4831.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 2,487
For sure, that is a fine load. You have room to move upward if you need to with your charge according to QuickLoad projections. However, you have fine accuracy, so it may not give you what you need in that department. If you get a chance, give us a picture of your rifle.

Remington Eddystone 25-06 with a 26" barrel, Bishop stock (I think), Timney trigger, Bushnell Trophy 3-9x40mm scope.

Attachments

• 25-06 table (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,476
That'll do. I still chuckle when I think of Kansas as a destination for trophy deer. I never saw a deer in my days growing up in southeast Kansas. Now, there are deer throughout that portion of the state. It is rather neat. Your 25-06 is just about right for those big mule deer.

HT

Nice shooting!
Try seating the bullet deeper .005". You just may walk that outer shot into the group. :wink:

JD338

Great shooting! Seems like that rifle is coming together nicely. Can't complain about that at all!

What a grand old rifle!

Excellent shooting, and I'd say that's quite a deer load indeed.

Nice rifle. I have it's twin but mine is still in 30-06 and has a receiver sight. I think you're right on the Bishop stock. Your's is an exact copy of mine and the plastic butt plate says Bishop. I got into the gun on the cheap because it has a two groove barrel that replaced the original. problem is it was ruined by corrosive primed ammo and not properly cleaned. Anyway, for $150 I couldn't get hurt too bad and the plan was to get it drilled and tapped for a scope and rebored to .35 Whelen. I just hope the rust didn't go too deep. My only problem is that damned thing weighs a a ton. :lol: :lol: :lol: I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the 1917 Enfields as my very first custom was based on one. IIRC, the whole pakage ran me $250 and that included the $25 I paid for the raw rifle it was based on. 8) It had a 22" barrel and a Mannicher style stock and the darned thing shot quite well. The year was 1958 and I'd just gotten my very first job. Three month later the rifle was being built. It took quite a few of those little california Blacktail deer during the time I had it. It went down the road to finance another rifle project that to this day I don't remember what it was. :roll:
Paul B.

Back