110ab@300yds

double_d

Beginner
Dec 30, 2011
Got to shoot the other day at a property that allows us to get out to 600yds, I had one of my target 260's and my TGR 257 Roberts.

I was shooting at a 8" piece of steel, and progressively moving it out to record the drops. Shot the TGR (who is know as 'Bob' to all that shoot with me). I was shooting 2 shots, and going down range to take a good look at the impacts (don't own a spotter) and making the appropriate adjustments.

Here is Bob's first 2 shots at 300yds.

Hot D*mn!!! I had some jugs with me, and thought I would try and catch one of the 110AB's at 300yds. Just as a reminder, they clock just a tad over 2800fps.

Lined up some jugs, and this is what I found:

Was poking out of the 4th jug bassackwards......here is how it looked when removed

Weight was 67gr, for about 61% retention.

Needless to say, I am quite pleased with this TGR, and with the performance of the AccuBond.

Here is the first 2 shots at 500yds

I think I can work with that!!!

Bob had no trouble ringing the steel all the way out to 600yds.

On a side note, I have put a VX2 3-9x40 CDS on this rifle, and the combination is outstanding, the Luppy tracked perfectly, and I have ordered the custom dial to the specs of the load.

Overall, it would be hard to reach for another rifle when going on a deer or yote hunt.

Sorry for the long post.

Don't apologize for the length of the post, apologize for the absence of more pictures! :mrgreen: Great report and some fine shooting. Indeed, you are doing very well with the TGR.

Nice shooting double_d! Just have to love that Nosler and Nosler and Bob combination! That little .257 Roberts sure is one wonderful cartridge.
David

DrMike":xzzkw7vj said:
Don't apologize for the length of the post, apologize for the absence of more pictures! :mrgreen: Great report and some fine shooting. Indeed, you are doing very well with the TGR.

Same here! Great write up. Very impressive! That bullet did about as good as you would hope for. 4 jugs at 300 is excellent with that kind of expansion.

Awesome shooting! What a rifle. Seems like you gotta be a really happy Rifleman! I would be!

I have seen a few come out backwards in jugs. Once they slow way down the plastic does weird things when they start to lose that forward momentum. Pretty normal actually.

So you hang the target in your pickup bed, drive the truck to 300 - 600 yards downrange and shoot it?

Cool! :grin:

(Kids, don't do this at home, Guy is kidding, he hasn't had his morning coffee!)

That's great stuff right there - long range shooting with excellent accuracy from "Bob" and you're using a well proven hunting bullet. Nice. Congrats, and thanks for the good post. I just couldn't resist when I saw what appears to be a gong hanging in a truck bed... :grin:

Guy - who seems to like all .257 rifles...

Guy Miner":11aj0b0m said:
So you hang the target in your pickup bed, drive the truck to 300 - 600 yards downrange and shoot it?

Cool! :grin:

(Kids, don't do this at home, Guy is kidding, he hasn't had his morning coffee!)

That's great stuff right there - long range shooting with excellent accuracy from "Bob" and you're using a well proven hunting bullet. Nice. Congrats, and thanks for the good post. I just couldn't resist when I saw what appears to be a gong hanging in a truck bed... :grin:

Guy - who seems to like all .257 rifles...

Guy, when you hang the gong in your truck bed, you will be suprised how much more you concentrate.....LOL

Now, that is a good one, Guy. I agree, DD, it would induce concentration! :twisted:

double_d":137dd63g said:
Guy, when you hang the gong in your truck bed, you will be suprised how much more you concentrate.....LOL

We could always use Brian's truck Mike. Its Ford tough.. Bullets probably wouldn't even scratch it!

Let's do it. I promise not even to look away when I pull the trigger! :p

double_d

Excelent work! That will make you a believer in the Bob for sure.
What is your MAX range with the CDS Dial?

JD338

JD338":v9zpvl2g said:
double_d

Excelent work! That will make you a believer in the Bob for sure.
What is your MAX range with the CDS Dial?

JD338

550 with a 100yd zero....this is the zero stop version

Wow that's great stuff & enjoying the joshing too.........what? eh? who said joshing?
Nice shooting!

Back