100G Scirocco2 3400fps 2506AI 28" Shilen

lanman

Beginner
Dec 3, 2011
My 2506 Ackley pushes the 100 grain scirocco at a little over 3400 out of a 28" Shilen barrel. I found this one in the bottom of the fifth jug. It was shot at approx. 20 yards. It weighed 73.3 grains and retained 73.3% of its original weight. Brutal test and it held up well.

IMAG2995

IMAG2993

IMAG2990

I do like the Scirocco; and that one looks as if it will bring home the game for you.

Very nice Dano, looks about like the 150 out of my 7mm Mag at 3250. That is a brutal test on that bullet.

I have begun to really like the Scirocco's as well. Tough danged bullets.

That will work well on antelope and deer. Nice work.

JD338

Its a Beauty :grin: - that 100 Scirocco should be a real Dandy bullet out of my 257 WBee :) RJ

Wow! Might have to try some in the 257 Ackley. I'm getting 3450fps with a 100gr BT and 26" barrel.

I’m hoping to give one of these 100gr Scirroco a try on a young cow moose this fall. My wife really likes the 25 WSSM featherweight that I built for my daughter. Thats pretty encouraging that a behind the shoulder lung shot will turn out well for her.

Thebear_78":1ux9j2hi said:
I’m hoping to give one of these 100gr Scirroco a try on a young cow moose this fall. My wife really likes the 25 WSSM featherweight that I built for my daughter. Thats pretty encouraging that a behind the shoulder lung shot will turn out well for her.

I like those SII's. I know some have had troubles getting them to shoot, but they were amazing in my 7mm Rem Mag. I'd like to try some more of them in the future.

Hope you get to zap a moose with your 25 WSSM. That would be cool.. Might actually see a recovery too..

Back