100gr Swift scirocco.

That is a fine load and the shooter is obviously doing his part. Cartridge? Or did I miss it?

257wby. 3455fps muzzle velocity. 24" vanguard s2. 100yds penetrated the 3rd 5gallon pail of water. 75.1gr retained weight.

very pleased with the results. i'm afraid the e-tips will be on the shelf this year.

You have every reason to be pleased with those results. That would put a grin on the chin of the most jaded shooter.

i haven't pulled her out of the safe since last november when i shot droppy.(see hunting section for story). i scoped it and found a big plug of rust in the throat! :shock: not sure what happened...anywho..deep creep and alot of scrubbing got the rust out. well i built up some loads with the scirrocco and low and behold she still shoots. (y) sheep season is just around the corner. :grin: Thanks DR. mike, i do love how this rifle shoots.

The Scirocco is a fine bullet that has served me well over the years. I've shot it in a variety of cartridges.

Good to hear, i do have the upmost confidence in this load. can't wait. checking trail cams in sheep country next weekend hopefully... (y)

Dang, that sucker looks awesome and man, what a screamer. I'd be very happy with that. Not much will hold one of those.

agreed it looks awesome! as a side note it penetrated the same as a 140gr barnes ttsx out of a 7mm rem mag at 3208fps. :shock:

SJB358":2cyxj5df said:
What 140 is that?

Looks pretty good.

Looks like a TSX or TTSX. Leadchucker, you may have to change your handle to "copperchucker." The monolithic bullets do penetrate and they do hold together.

sjb that's a 140gr barnes ttsx from a 7mm rem mag at 3208fps. 100 yds penetrated 3 5gallon pails as well. Dr. mike i do love how the mono's perform but for some reason i keep sliding back to the bondeds lol..i must like a little lead in my diet! :grin:

Very cool. Those monos are some sorta tough, that's for sure. Been working a little with the 150 ETip and 100 ETip a little and both are pretty serious bullets when pushed hard.

agreed, the 100gr e-tip performed very well in the bee and was very accurate. They are a great bullet and penetrate very well, unfortunately my bee will push the scirrocco's about 100fps faster and a smidgen better accuracy. Both great bullets in my opinion. (y)

I will try to put a 100 e-tip from the bee through the 5gallon pails this weekend and report back..

Back