The rest of the bullet exited ;>).

Attachments

• 100 grain Nosler BT recoverd - 1.jpg
    100 grain Nosler BT recoverd - 1.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1,787
clearwater":1ne3ejka said:
.6 grains retained weight (.6%).

The rest of the bullet exited ;>).

AWESOME! Now that is a Bullet test! Congrats on the buck.

Excellent!

You just had to go shoot a mule deer about 5 yards farther away than mine didn't ya? :grin:

Dad-gum 25-284, blankety blank. :wink:

Nice... Good to see that the 100's work so well. What velocity are you getting from them?

Guy

Hope to get some pictures from my friends phone when he returns from hunting camp. He got one the next day. It has been eight years we have been hunting the Kettle Crest in WA and finally we both got one. We were sitting on an old mountaintop lookout foundation having lunch when one of my buddies saw something he had been watching for 20 minutes, move. Shouting ensued and a scramble for rifles. There was a nice concrete "bench rest" foundation pillar to shoot from. The others let me take the shot after we determined it was a legal 3 point. They have to be 3 point or better, which has cost us some shots in times past when there are several deer and you can't make out which deer you are looking at in the herd was the legal one you saw earlier. Since the deer was 200 feet in elevation below us, the bullet hit a foot high even at 360 yards. Right in the spine. a 3x4 and chubby. Need to process the front quarters today to finish getting him in the freezer.

Used Reloder 17 to a muzzle velocity of just over 3200 fps. Not a max load.

Remington 722 re-bored and re-chambered and re-stocked by my Grandad Oscar from shot out 6 mm.

Redfield 4x12 scope.

Quickload from Dr Mike helped zero in on the load recipe.

A great picture of a decent adversary. To be certain, a wary old whitetail can be hard to find during season, but a great mule deer is still tops when it comes to eluding the hunter. You did well.

That was a great shot. Congratulations. I had never heard of a 25-284 before. It sounds like a great cartridge. It sure worked for you.

Dan

Another photo of our little spike camp and my friends '48 Willys.

Attachments

• Spike Camp Indian Creek 2018 - 1.jpg
    Spike Camp Indian Creek 2018 - 1.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 1,545
My daughter used that bullet to take a spike at 40 yards. She used a 257 Roberts with a starting load of IMR4895. It went 15 yards. I was amazed at the amount damage given the small exit hole.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Somebody say, "that's a pretty tough bullet". That velocity, that range, a pass through...that's pretty good. Congrats- a very nice buck! Made me chuckle....Ive been involved in a couple of those "Hey- there's a deer!!!" rodeos. Nice that you connected. CL

Back