Sierra , 107 tipped matchking

jimbires

Handloader
Aug 16, 2011
I tested these bullets today . a few days ago I tested the minimum load of 26.0gr H4895 . quickload estimates the velocity at 2143 FPS . the bullet went through 28" of water jugs and came out the side ,I couldn't find it . today I tested again , it penetrated 25" and came out the top , again I couldn't find it . I found no pieces of bullet in any jug ,of either test . I'm going to say no expansion at this low velocity .

all jugs shot at 15 yards ;

midway load ,33.0 gr H4895 . quickload velocity estimate 2660FPS . found it in the jug that would be 19" - 23" of penetration . fragments in all jugs . what I found weighs 49.82 grains .

P6270115.JPG

max load 40.3 gr H4895 , quickload velocity estimate 3170 FPS . found the bullet in the jug that would be 10" - 14" of penetration . fragments in all jugs . what I found weighs 47.17 grains .

P6270114.JPG

Boy they’d make some excellent deer loads.

Surprised they didn’t expand at the 2100 mark. I would have bet they would have.

Reports of terminal performance using the 130gr (.264) TMK on whitetails have been very good so far. They shoot great from my Creedmoor but I haven't used them on any game animals.

both times , the low velocity test didn't even disrupt the row of jugs . I'm guessing it just penciled through .

I can’t imagine with the polymer tip they wouldn’t expand at all.

Reports of terminal performance using the 130gr (.264) TMK on whitetails have been very good so far. They shoot great from my Creedmoor but I haven't used them on any game animals.
The 77 TMKs in about anything you can load them in is a fantastic bullet as well.

Nice report.
Lightest bullet I have ever shot in my 6.5's is the 123 A-Max/ELD-M, with the exception of the 120 grain GMX in my Pachmayr Dominator.
130-147 grain bullets of various brands is what I typically shoot.

I use the 77 grain TMK in my 223 Rem HSP. Love that bullet!
I use it for LR steel and prairie dogs

Nice report.
Lightest bullet I have ever shot in my 6.5's is the 123 A-Max/ELD-M, with the exception of the 120 grain GMX in my Pachmayr Dominator.
130-147 grain bullets of various brands is what I typically shoot.

I use the 77 grain TMK in my 223 Rem HSP. Love that bullet!
I use it for LR steel and prairie dogs
Yeah, I have always wanted to get into the SS handgun sorta stuff. A few fellas on here have some nice rigs as well.

Great…. Another enabler.

You’ve come to the right spot. Watch out for a fella named Mike on here. He’s cost me a couple kids college funds. :oops:
Ha!
The handguns and specialty pistols are what I enjoy most, just completely ignore my side business though...I might even be in competition with Mike if you put both of those things together:LOL:

Ha!
The handguns and specialty pistols are what I enjoy most, just completely ignore my side business though...I might even be in competition with Mike if you put both of those things together:LOL:
Ernie has cost me a few $$$ on those specialty pistols but not as much as he has others. (only because my gun money always seems to be depleted when one comes up that I want):(

Back