264 Win Mag 140gr Partition

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here is the 264WM with the 140gr PT running about 3200 at the muzzle. Scotty

DSC_2896.jpg

DSC_2895.jpg

Scotty

That bullet will cover everything from mice to moose.

JD338

It is a good shooter Jim. Once I can lay into some 2nds, I will be buying a bunch! Scotty

DrMike":2egwbapm said:
That bullet will carry the load. What powder did this use?

Mike, it was Retumbo. Seems to work pretty well in the 264WM with 130's and 140's. Still have some 140gr AB's to try later on. I am just about out of load work up time this year. At least for the time being. Scotty

I was there..it was impressive. Looking forward to seeing what the AB's and Sciroccos will do next to these.

gerry":1v4a4sio said:
Thanks Scotty.

They are an awesome bullet Gerry. I'm going to run the AB I think, but the 140 PT is my favorite 264 bullet so far. Turned in some amazing groups with it.

I've been wanting this bullet to shoot well for me it is the best all around bullet available for the 264 WM. Like JD338 said earlier in this thread it can do it all from mice to moose :)

My records show that I did do the water jug test on this bullets a few years back but in all the moving I did in the last couple of years I may have lost the recovered slugs. Here is what it did:

140 gr Nosler Partition- 3070 fps, penetrated 6 water jugs, 100.6 gr (71.8%)

gerry":12cj3jsb said:
I've been wanting this bullet to shoot well for me it is the best all around bullet available for the 264 WM. Like JD338 said earlier in this thread it can do it all from mice to moose :)

My records show that I did do the water jug test on this bullets a few years back but in all the moving I did in the last couple of years I may have lost the recovered slugs. Here is what it did:

140 gr Nosler Partition- 3070 fps, penetrated 6 water jugs, 100.6 gr (71.8%)

Mine weighed about the same but they were running 3225 with Retumbo from my rifle at the time. I also shot it at about 15-20 yards. Maybe it's that cold Canuck water?

Back