264 Win Mag 130gr AB

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Here is a picture or two of the 130gr AB out of my 264WM. Muzzle velocity was right at 3400. I have since backed it down to 3350. Anyhow, the jugs were at around 20 yards, so I can only imagine the torture these bullets went through at that range. Scotty

DSC_2960.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

DSC_2958.jpg

DSC_2957.jpg

gerry":xl71ojfc said:
Scotty, how much did they weigh?

Gerry, I just weighed it. 61.2gr's of retained bullet. Just a little less than 50%. Scotty

That is a torture test, for sure. Weight retention looks good. I'm with Gerry, however, in wanting some stats.

Thanks Scotty, I'm sure the 140 gr version will do very well on elk especially at the 3000-3100 fps range I hope to get.

No problem Gerry. I am tempted to load up some quick loads with Retumbo and see what the 140gr AB's do as well. They are some sleek bullets and I think they would be pretty good elk bullets as well. Plus they have some excellent BC numbers to assist with the wind. I have some of them on the shelf, so it would only take stuffing a few with powder and seeing what they do. Scotty

bullet":279wq0lx said:
That AccuBond sure held up good under those velocities.

Mike, I have 0 hesitancy of using that bullet for deer or heavier game up to caribou sized animals I guess. I didn't buy it to hunt elk, but with the 140gr PT at 3200, I believe it would do a fine job with those. I have yet to test the 140gr AB, but I will get it done soon I think. Scotty

ABbeforeandafter.jpg

Before and after 130 AccuBond taken from a buck deer shot at 111 yards. Buck was almost facing me with a slight left shoulder angle toward me. Bullet entered front edge of the shoulder smashing it then made soup out of the vitals and was recovered in the right ham when cutting up the meat. Retained weight was 87 grs. Bullet was fired from a custom Rem. 700 264 Win mag with 27 3/4" Shilen barrel.
Load was 66.5 grs Retumbo, WW case, CCI 250, OAL 3.450 which is 10 thousands off the lands average muzzle velocity is 3350 fps.
Bullet had to be doing at least 3100 fps on impact. I have taken 5 deer from 80 to 250 yards out with this combo in the past two seasons and only have recovered this one bullet. All other bullets exited and all deer were BANG FLOP.

1Shot":19xmc0ez said:
ABbeforeandafter.jpg

Before and after 130 AccuBond taken from a buck deer shot at 111 yards. Buck was almost facing me with a slight left shoulder angle toward me. Bullet entered front edge of the shoulder smashing it then made soup out of the vitals and was recovered in the right ham when cutting up the meat. Retained weight was 87 grs. Bullet was fired from a custom Rem. 700 264 Win mag with 27 3/4" Shilen barrel.
Load was 66.5 grs Retumbo, WW case, CCI 250, OAL 3.450 which is 10 thousands off the lands average muzzle velocity is 3350 fps.
Bullet had to be doing at least 3100 fps on impact. I have taken 5 deer from 80 to 250 yards out with this combo in the past two seasons and only have recovered this one bullet. All other bullets exited and all deer were BANG FLOP.

Very nice 1shot. It does look like a very good bullet. It is pretty darned tough. Seems like once it slows down it tends to hold onto a little more weight. It is pretty amazing it works really well in the 264 an just as well at slower speeds in a 260. Pretty good bullet. Scotty

Back