.260 / 130gr AccuBond

Powerstroke

Handloader
Feb 24, 2006
I really need to start paying attention - missing out on new sections going up when I'm not around.
Anyway - 130gr AccuBond recovered from a cow elk @ around 300yds.

Attachments

• 130 AB 6.5.JPG
    130 AB 6.5.JPG
    863.1 KB · Views: 6,126
Shot out of a Rem 700 BDL Varminter w/ 25 in tube chambered in .260 Remington - have a couple of these recoveries that basically look identical from this round.

Anytime a bullet is recovered from game, it indicates that it performed adequately. Few living animals permit us to cut out a projectile. That AB looks pretty good, and it obviously did a good job.

I agree that the AB is a great hunting bullet with unbelievable value. I find in the calibers I have used them in accuracy is never a problem so you really can't ask for much more :!:

Blessings,
Dan

A .260 with a mere 130 gr bullet for ELK! My goodness man, didn't you realize that you need at least a .300 magnum with at least a 180 grain bullet - or you could have been eaten by that wild beast after your small bullet bounced off!? :mrgreen:

Nice... The bullet looks good. I'll bet the elk meat tasted great too...

Guy

Great picture Mark! Looks excellent. I'm running them in my 264 this year at 3350 and they are shooting excellent. Scotty

beretzs":2rd4kyp0 said:
Great picture Mark! Looks excellent. I'm running them in my 264 this year at 3350 and they are shooting excellent. Scotty
So you got some of those loaded up and working for you Scotty, that's great! Man those things are smoking right along too! Not much drop with that thing at most common hunting distances.

Mark that's an excellent recovery. Looks like it worked perfectly for you. Nice photo.
David

Mark,

Great bullet performance.

What was the MV and how much penetration did you get on the elk?

JD338

Looks good Mark...I need to test that bullet in my .260 as well. I haven't recovered one yet from the deer I have shot with it.

6mm Remington":2cynuue9 said:
beretzs":2cynuue9 said:
So you got some of those loaded up and working for you Scotty, that's great! Man those things are smoking right along too! Not much drop with that thing at most common hunting distances.

Mark that's an excellent recovery. Looks like it worked perfectly for you. Nice photo.
David

They are working great David. Shot a couple 2" or less groups yesterday at 300 with them. They are a great bullet and just scream out of my 264. Scotty

Looking forward to dropping either elk or deer in W. Montana this Oct with my 6.5x47 Lapua (short 260 8) ).

Final load came out to be 36.3 gr Varget, CCI BR, from custom Pierce action, 24.5" Broughton 1:8, 5C. Testing two days apart was as follows.

175 yds.

2012-08-19_09-23-29_443.jpg

717 yds yesterday; .71 MOA

2012-08-18_13-47-07_571.jpg

You're certainly dialed in. We're all pulling for you in this instance.

GSSP,

Nice shooting!
The 6.5mm 130 gr AB is a very good bullet.

JD338

GSSP, great shooting! That load looks really ready to hunt! Can you throw a picture of that rifle up. Sounds really sharp.

Back