130 gr accubond 264 win mag

salasj,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum. For sure, that group is bragging size. You'll have to laminate it so you can carry it in your wallet. Congratulations on a great load and some fine riflery.

Welcome as well, that is a great group. I really like my 264 WM it's a great round, how long have you had yours?

salasj, welcome!

Great group, with a fine bullet moving at decent speed...

What more could a guy ask? Looks good!

salasj

Welcome to the forum!

That is an impressive group, way to go.
I am using the same 130 gr AB in my 6.5mm Rem Mag with very good accuracy and the on game performance is excellent.

JD338

gerry":ny3062xi said:
Welcome as well, that is a great group. I really like my 264 WM it's a great round, how long have you had yours?
Gerry I used to have a 264 winchester magnum but it was stolen. Last year I got the bug again and purchased a 7mm Remington Magnum in the Weatherby Vanguard. I had our local gun Smith rebarrel it with a Shilen 26" barrel. This is my first attempt at reloading. I used to have Alabama ammo custom make ammo for me. I figured if I'm going to own a 264 winchester magnum, I better start reloading.

salasj":3agff85o said:
gerry":3agff85o said:
Gerry I used to have a 264 winchester magnum but it was stolen. Last year I got the bug again and purchased a 7mm Remington Magnum in the Weatherby Vanguard. I had our local gun Smith rebarrel it with a Shilen 26" barrel. This is my first attempt at reloading. I used to have Alabama ammo custom make ammo for me. I figured if I'm going to own a 264 winchester magnum, I better start reloading.

That is some great shooting! I have some 7828 and RL25 loaded up right now for my 264WM using the 140 BT's. Need a good day to get em out and try.. I hope I can get something near as good as yours! Great shooting.. Welcome to the boards buddy.. Throw up a pic of your 264..

I tried Reloader 25 and Retumbo but couldn't get the groups to tighten up or Velocity

salasj":34sfeld2 said:
I tried Reloader 25 and Retumbo but couldn't get the groups to tighten up or Velocity

I have been running my 264 all over the map. I had some good initial loads with RL25 and some excellent stuff from Retumbo, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I am not done yet, but hopefully I am getting a little closer!

Got new load for 130 gr AccuBond
Remington Brass
MagPro
CCI 250 LRM
OAL 3.283
68 grains
velocity 3,111 fps
group .156"
I really like how these AccuBond shoot. I can't wait to take them on my Elk and Mule Deer hunt.

I've noticed that in my Rifle Max loads listed in manual are. Way to low for my setup. I've been reaching Max loads and I'm not close to published velocities. I know every rifle is different but it seems that mostoads listed are too conservative.

I worked up another load using H4831

Remington Brass
Remington Primers 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
62.5 grain
3,123 fps
group
It seems my rifle like H4831. It seems to give me velocities around 3,100 fps and grouping is great.

salasj":25g95oro said:
I worked up another load using H4831

Remington Brass
Remington Primers 9 1/2M
OAL 3.300
62.5 grain
3,123 fps
group
It seems my rifle like H4831. It seems to give me velocities around 3,100 fps and grouping is great.

That sounds like a good load as well. Can't beat that kind of accuracy and you aren't even running it hard. Primers pockets would probably last forever! :grin:

DrMike":r5srw2t9 said:
Oh, yeah. That'll work on any mule deer. Great load you have there.

X 2, it seems your gun is extremely accurate, you should be pleased. a 130 gr AB @ 3225 is going to shoot flat.

My Rifle loves the Nosler bullets. I have 4 boxes of 125 grain I would love to use also. I'm just having fun reloading.

Back