6.5mm 129 gr ABLR

gerry

Ammo Smith
Mar 1, 2007
Received some 129 gr ABLR's yesterday so made up some loads for the 260 Rem with H 4350 today, the groups were in the 1-1.25" range on average so plan on playing with the seating depth. I was .060" from the lands and will go from there.

129 gr ABLR - 2876 fps - 56.4 gr (43.7%) - .419" diameter - 4 jugs.

Oh, man, I'm envious, Gerry. I haven't even looked to see what is available here locally! Excellent performance, as well.

Gerry,

That bullet looks great. I need to get some for my 6.5mm Rem Mag.

JD338

Should be the ticket for long range deer that's for sure, I will be giving them a good work out on some blacktailed deer in the Queen Charlotte Islands Oct 21-24. I can legally have up to 5 deer in my possession (15 total per year) so should be able to fill a few tags since there are a lot of deer over there. Toying with the idea of taking the gun goat hunting later this week, only problem is it weighs over 9 1/2 lbs.

Any idea on what seating depths I should try next?

Good show Gerry.
You may have the first kill with the 6.5mm 129 gr AB! :)
Post some pictures buddy.

JD338

Man I am dying to get some for my 264 super grade. So far no luck

WHAT? Nosler is shipping those North of the border?

What are they thinking????

Gerry is likely to kill four grizzlies, two moose, a couple of black bear, three caribou, six mountain goats, a ram, and a few dozen deer before I even load one of the new long-range Noslers!

Yikes! :grin:

Get 'em Gerry

Man, if those 129 grain ABLR bullets are THAT good, I'd better beg, borrow or steal a few from somewhere! :grin:

Very nice Gerry! That bullet looks exactly like the 270, 150 grain ABLR I pulled outta the jugs.

I would try to keep running them deeper, .030" at a time. I think you'll see something that looks useable. Both of mine (168ABLR .284 and 150 ABLR .277) are around .060-.075" off the rifling.

Man, those buggers would scream in the 264 Win Mags...

Hope you are able to take some deer.

Thanks for the advice on seating depth I'll go deeper, they do look very similar to the 277 you did Scotty. It looks like they designed them to retain around 40-50% of their weight at the least.
I had them on order since February and it must have somehow worked out perfectly for us to get them so quick here. I haven't even heard if they are out in the U.S. yet.

I would imagine they would be screamers in the 264 WM.......

I would give them a run Gerry if they showed up. Pretty sure I'd get an easy 3300 out of them too. It's hard for me to wanna mess with the 140 ABs though. They are danged accurate and run just about 3200.

I know I can get 3300 fps with them with RL25...... 65-67 gr or so. Can not say for sure because I never fired my 264 Super grade.

RL33 took me up to all but 3300 for the 140AB. I actually got one chrono reading on a string that read 3308.

I bet the 129's could really scream with that powder under them.

Powder Valley gets 1lbers and 8lbers of 33 periodically. I just jumped into it for 8lbs. I'll use it up, I'm sure!

I am looking forward to trying them in my new M70 Super Grade 264 Win Mag!
The one I am going to buy from Fotis. :)

JD338

Back