Great collection of 6.5mm bullet data and pix

BcSteve posted those results at 24hourcampfire and I believe CGN (Canadian Gun Nuts) he definitely did some excellent work. As a 6.5mm nut, I'm quite thankful he did.

Yeah have seen it before but never in that one consolidated collation. Great find.

What I got from reading is a belief (which I had pretty much firmed up through field experience) that if impact velocities are kept in that sub 2800fps window, (almost) any old cup and core will work (in a lot of cases) about as well as a premium.

With the odd exception, a lot of those results of the bullets between 120 and 160g didn't vary that much. In any case there was often not a linear consistency within product lines; eg the 129 IL outperformed the 140 IL or at least performed as well. Ditto the 125 NPT vs 140 NPT.

Really interesting.

That is a great bunch of data collected! I really dig the 6.5's a bunch.

This a great info, however for us the bullets are a much better representation of what they would look like at 200yds, as his idea of modern preasure for his model 70 seams very conservative. It is sorta interesting folks find it
Totally normal to load a .260 Rem in a "modern rifle" to 60k. But the same folks, are hesitant to load the Sweede, chambered in the "exact same rifle" up to the exact same preasure????? Anyway nice article.

Back