6.5x55swiss

darrelldavies51

Beginner
Jun 19, 2018
Are there any body's out there reloading the 6.5x55 with vit for a deer load.what bullet wieght do you use

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

darrelldavies51

You will get more responses in the reloading forum than here in bullet testing. Also help to know if the rifle is modern M70. or M98 or 700 ect. or the old military 94/38/96.

Or any of the 140’s Nosler makes.

I use the 140 Accubonds in my 6.5x55.

When I had a Swede I only used the 130 AccuBond and the 140 hornady interlocks. Also think it would be hard to beat the 120 ballistic tip. I had tremendous success with that bullet in a 260 rem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thank for the ifo i have had to get a .243 now got the browning Abolt shooting 90gr acc bond BT with n150 vit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I used the 140gr AccuBond and the 120 gr gmx with an old Swede, so I had to keep pressure low.
Very happy with the AB, not happy with the gmx.
The gun is waiting for my younger son, I will use the AB again, if lead is not completely banned by then.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

noslerpartition":235rzsbf said:
I used the 140gr AccuBond and the 120 gr gmx with an old Swede, so I had to keep pressure low.
The gun is waiting for my younger son, I will use the AB again, if lead is not completely banned by then.

I've had 4 different 6.5 creedmoor's that all shot exceptionally well with anything I loaded in them. Except the 120 GMX. For the life of me i never got that bullet to shoot.

Cleveland48":3ex2f1rg said:
noslerpartition":3ex2f1rg said:

I've had 4 different 6.5 creedmoor's that all shot exceptionally well with anything I loaded in them. Except the 120 GMX. For the life of me i never got that bullet to shoot.

Precision was ok, but my ex shot a fox with it and it did not open up. Small holes on deer, too. The shot barrel just did not provide enough speed within the pressure-limits of the old rifle.
The AB did just what it was supposed to do.
Might try the lehighs with that rifle.

My old Rem 700 Classic shot the 140 gr Partitions and X bullets very well (latter would put 5 into less than an inch at 200 yards).As I hunt moose and elk as well, I prefer to use the 140 gr. I did have a good load with the 120 gr BT as well, but unfortunately did not take any game with it. Believe it was using IMR4350 for the 120 gr as well as the 140's.

In my new Sako 85 I have only used factory ammo to date, but will be working up a load with the 140 gr AccuBonds. Will be trying the newer Re 26 in this. If I were only to hunt deer with it, I may use the 130 gr AB instead. Will try it just to see how it performs in this rifle.

Currently shooting the Nosler 120BT with IMR4350 45grs Have used 120gr Sierra and Rem CL. 129 gr Hornady Interlock and SST. 140gr Sierra, Win PP and Nosler BT. This in a Win Mod FWT. RL19 works as well with the 120gr bullets and RL22, IMR4831 H4831SC with 140. Tried RL26 with Nosler 140gr BT going by load listed here but couldn't get to the amount of powder that was being used without pressure signs and hard bolt lift so backed off and stuck with the loads that have been working. Dan.

Not to be nit picky but it is 6.5 x 55 Swede.

I have a CZ 550 FS modern rifle in this caliber and load 140 gr NBT's using 46 grs VV N160 with excellent results. I get about 2650 fps and right at 1" groups and have killed several very good bucks with this load.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Jimbeaux

Back