6.5mm Sierra 130gr Gamechanger vs. Whitetail

6.5_sWv

Beginner
Mar 5, 2019
Back in the Summer, I did a jug test with the Sierra 130gr Gamechanger from my 6.5 Creedmoor. I was impressed with the test and I am still impressed with this bullet.

WV youth day, my son and I found a few does and I admit they wound up being closer than I anticipated. This deer was 51yards away when he shot. The angle of the shot was that she was facing almost straight at us. I was trying to get him to shoot in between her shoulder blades but he didn't quite hit that spot. No matter, the deer dropped and the freezer got filled, minus a little tenderloin you see missing in the pics.

The bullet traveled the length of the deer and I found it under the hide of the hind quarter near the pelvis/tail area. Here's the post shot stats.

51 yard shot distance
130gr > 85.9grs post recovery
.642" post shot expansion
Jacket and Core stayed intact.

Hope to shoot a few more with this bullet in the coming weeks. Ill report back if I do.
Ben

19QrxR.jpg

tI4rpz.jpg

hNQ7lA.jpg

jqGnY1.jpg

MC3HEy.jpg

Congratulations to both you and your son on his deer. That bullet looks really good, I think Sierra hit a home run with the TGK bullet. I have both the 130 gr 6.5's and the 140 gr 270 here just waiting for some deer hunting but will have to be next year now. Hope you all get a chance to drop a bunch more deer this season.

Congratulations to your son and to you. The Sierra looks to have performed very well indeed. Yeah, that doe will make for some fine dining.

Congratulations to your son!
The Sierra 130 gr Gamechanger gave an impressive performance.

JD338

That deer was dang sure dead, a little lost meat vs. all the meat lost is a win.
I’ve always been picky about weapons handling, nearly 20 years in SWAT simply made me a safety curmudgeon. I love seeing young folks indexed, apparently the lad has been well trained, nice work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the deer.

Bullet looks great though. That’s a pile of deer it went through.

That Deer was not going anywhere . Great Bullet I believe you could use a lighter gr. Bullet and still drop them and there tracks .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back