270WSM 150ABLR 3140FPS

Scotty, what was your OAL and distance from the lands? As I posted in reloading I can't get the accuracy.
Thanks
Greg

I was at least .1" if not a little further. They wouldn't shoot for beans till I got them short...

Thanks for your help. Ill try shortening up and maybe change powders to make up for less volume. I'm using Hodgdon Superformnce now.

RL25 and 22 worked well, but I'm betting 7828SSC would have been good as well.

What has happened to this thread? Not a single peep about how they kill? Has everyone been sworen to secrecy? Hillary some how involved????

I dropped them after awhile E. They didn't do anything for me the 150 BTs weren't already doing well.

35 Whelen":2jkd366y said:
What has happened to this thread? Not a single peep about how they kill? Has everyone been sworen to secrecy? Hillary some how involved????

Haven't used them in a hunt yet. The 130 grain E-Tips are doing all I want with elk, moose, black bear and deer. I will eventually get around to working up a load with them as I have a couple of boxes. Nevertheless, the 130 E-Tip is putting lights out for game in my 270 WSM.

SJB358":1mp5b7ie said:
Well, I was doing a little shooting today.................

Me too but :evil: :evil:

BTW same bullet I use from my 270 WBY!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,036
Yes - I'm curious too !! I killed plenty of Elk with the 270WSM - 140AB and 150PT but am also making loads up with the ABLR in other calibers. Have not shot at game yet.

Where are these bullets available??? Cant imagine Nosler has sooooo much trouble producing their bullets?
Almost everything is out of stock, if business is that good why don't they crank it up at the factory to keep up with the public demand???? I waited almost 2 years to ever find the 70 gr Armageddon bullets, I would like to try these LR but not going to mess around all summer waiting for them to make some more. Really don't understand this always out of stock jazz................

Hey guys sorry to bring the thread back from the dead but just wanted to give some feedback at how well they work on a big muley. Last year I shot a 5-6 year old 4 point at 354 yards. He was quartering away from me with his head down feeding and I wanted to test the new ABLR 150gr in my 270 win pushed by 58.5gr H4831SC so i shot and hit him high in the back leg and heard the loudest WHOP of my life. He never moved a inch. Upon field dressing him I found that the bullet traveled through the front part of the hind quarter the back 2 ribs were broken it continued through the liver, lung and 10-12" up his neck and was buried in his spine. Note I could fit 3 fingers through the hole in his spine. Unfortunately I dont have the recovered bullet with me but these bullets are great I could not be happier with their performance. Hope this helps any who are curious on their down range performance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jeepinhntr":1fk6j9xk said:
Hey guys sorry to bring the thread back from the dead but just wanted to give some feedback at how well they work on a big muley. Last year I shot a 5-6 year old 4 point at 354 yards. He was quartering away from me with his head down feeding and I wanted to test the new ABLR 150gr in my 270 win pushed by 58.5gr H4831SC so i shot and hit him high in the back leg and heard the loudest WHOP of my life. He never moved a inch. Upon field dressing him I found that the bullet traveled through the front part of the hind quarter the back 2 ribs were broken it continued through the liver, lung and 10-12" up his neck and was buried in his spine. Note I could fit 3 fingers through the hole in his spine. Unfortunately I dont have the recovered bullet with me but these bullets are great I could not be happier with their performance. Hope this helps any who are curious on their down range performance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great report. Thank you. Sounds like they worked excellent for you.

I'm very curious as to how it would expand at the other end. 1,300 FPS or so.......

Back