270 win 130gr interlock SP

caribouhunter

Beginner
Mar 31, 2009
3Bie2i.jpg

gzItRM.jpg

3100-3125 impact velocity, 45gr retained weight (35%)
shot into 1 milk jug, the following were windshield washer jugs, found in the fourth one.

not impressive penetration or weight retention, but impact velocity was pretty high.
this should work on deer

My friend has used that bullet for a bunch of mule deer, mountain goat and stone sheep over the years and did well with it. It can be a bit destructive at close range but usually hangs together well enough to exit, pretty sure he never recovered any bullets. He switched to the 150 gr Grand Slam a few years back for his boy to hunt black bears and they have since shot a bunch mule deer, goats and even a pronghorn since with them. The 130 gr Interlock is a solid choice for deer sized game though.

I should imagine that the bullet will work quite well for deer.

Just an FYI. Hornady manual recommends 2800-3400fps.
#2730. At 3100 you’re cookin pretty good, and you have evidence it expands well at that range and speed...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks good to me. Should be wicked on deer.

JD338

That’s a good amount of penetration for a 130. Those Hornadys might not be the sleekest but darned if they aren’t good game getters.

Was one of my all time favorite bullets in the 270 win. Heck I actually really like that bullet in several calibers. Just a devastating bullet on whitetail in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

M1Garand":1k9vpvok said:
Great bullet, one took this buck with 58.0 grns RL22

PLlrTJM.jpg

Nice buck! Love those chocolate colored horns.
Congratulations on your success.

JD338

That’s a heckuva buck! Congrats. Hard to beat the Hornadys for the price and ease of making accurate ammo.

I have pushed them to 3500 fps in a 270 Bee. Took a couple of pronghorn with them.

Thanks guys. I agree that not only do these bullets perform well, they tend to be easy to get to shoot well in any decent rifle and won't break the bank. Especially at todays prices.

I have a load using Win Staball 6.5 with this bullet just shy of 3000fps out of 22 in Rem 700 barrel. Could get more fps but accuracy starts dropping off. Used Hornady 130gr years ago and it did well on our whitetails. On the bucket list to try again. Dan.

The very bullet I used on the mule deer buck in my avatar. Worked just fine at 2900 fps. The Ballistic Tips in the past worked as well, but have been harder to find lately.

While not the .277 130 gr version, I did get great performance out of my first 280 Rem (A Bolt) with the 162 gr Interlock BTSP with max loads of IMR-4350 on a couple of Saskatchewan mule deer bucks.
Other Interlocks in various calibers have also performed well on game, including factory Wby 100 gr Interlock ammunition out of a Browning Model B-78 with a 28" barrel chambered to 270 Wby. Coyote internals were vapourized, and the mule deer were DRT.

I took whitetails and mules deer w/ the 140 I believe it was in the .270. Talk about inexpensive.
expensive.

3Bie2i.jpg

gzItRM.jpg

3100-3125 impact velocity, 45gr retained weight (35%)
shot into 1 milk jug, the following were windshield washer jugs, found in the fourth one.

not impressive penetration or weight retention, but impact velocity was pretty high.
this should work on deer
Cant see the pics

Back