270 win..140gr accubond @25yds

LD375

Handloader
May 18, 2009
This is my ever 1st water jug test :shock:...140gr AccuBond vs water jugs @ 25 yds shooting my sako 85...retained weight was 98grs....bullet was caught in the 5th jug @25yds...sorry for the bad pics, but the bullet is in my pocket :grin: ..yah, it was fun!...Lou.....BTW...the AccuBond is one heck of a tough bullet.... :twisted:
002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

This was my rifle for the test...Lou
010.jpg

Ideal expansion; and yeah, it is a tough bullet. Thanks for posting, Lou.

DrMike":33gtwxrl said:
Ideal expansion; and yeah, it is a tough bullet. Thanks for posting, Lou.

Thanks Mike....impact velocity was about 2900 fps @25yds...man i just love this bullet...this is my go to bullet for moose for the 270 for sure,it's gonna work :wink: ..Lou

I don't think you'll have any difficulty with moose using that bullet.

Lou,

Outstanding!
Excellent performance for sure. You are set to go for moose.

JD338

JD338":2hj0jpvh said:
Lou,

Outstanding!

JD338

Thanks Jim...I love those 150gr partitions too, but these sexy accubonds just shoot some awsome for me :twisted: ...so i had to do the stress test on them at close range under harsh tough conditions...man was i ever suprised today when i saw that bullet...made me feel like a little kid again!...Nosler rocks!!!....Lou

Nice job Lou! I think moose steak is in your future. Those Noslers are the good stuff! :grin: Thanks for posting the pictures. I had to add one more thing. Those Sako's sure are sweet also and that thing is gorgeous. I just love the laminate stocks.

David

SJB358":3o3l9puv said:
Lou, I was pretty close on my guess huh!

Great test buddy! Fun huh!

Scotty, you were bang on buddy!! 8) ...you hit the nail to a tee...thanks pal!..this was more fun than shooting my 1st deer :shock: ..It felt nice hearing that bullet rattle in the jug when i shaked it...Although, the bullet was very clean though :lol: :wink:

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

Marvelous! This has been my go-to bullet in my .270Win for quite some time now. Dispatched a young bull with authority out of the broccoli fields in Maine and a respectful Blackie in PA. Hammers deer and slays paper with excellent accuracy. I can't ask for anything else from a bullet.

Thanks for the effort and pics. Nice looking rig too. I think you're in business.

JD338":3vjjx4q7 said:
Lou,

Outstanding!

JD338

Jim, remember i told you that the oufitter told me "don't use bullets with the plastic tips"..well he's wrong buddy, it's obvious he never shot an AccuBond, or nosler bullet for that matter...this 140gr expanded to more than 2x bullet diameter, and retained 70% of its weight @25yds on the water jug test...i'll be sure to show him what a tipped bullet well do pal :twisted: ....Lou :wink:

Nice Job Lou! Lots of fun eh? 150 Part vs 140 AccuBond comes down to whatever shoots best in a rifle. Both have very similar performance in my tests.

SJB358":3fxbjhm6 said:
Lou, I was pretty close on my guess huh!

Great test buddy! Fun huh!

Thanks pal :grin: ...I was just looking at the jugs today at work with my buddy, and found that i almost made it into the 6th jug @ 25 yds...here's my setup pal...

IMG_0237.jpg

Here's a pic of the back of the 5th jug @ 25 yds...it's punctured..
002-3.jpg

And here's a pic of the front of the 6th jug @25 yds...it is also leaking water, but the bullet was caught in the 5th...almost 6 jugs pal...Lou..
001-3.jpg

Yeah, not to much I wouldn't tackle with a 140 AB or 150 PT. pretty solid performance from both.

SJB358":4fc71912 said:
Yeah, not to much I wouldn't tackle with a 140 AB or 150 PT. pretty solid performance from both.

I love the 150gr Partition even more in my .270...but the 140gr AccuBond out shoots them near and far outta my sako...I made my decision on wich one shot the best from 100-300yds..for my rifle, the 140gr AccuBond won the test by far at over the 200yd mark...I'm very suprised on how the AccuBond performed under this test :shock: ...always herd great things about it, and it is truley a great accurate/tough bullet to handle any big game other than the Big Bears in a .270 for sure :grin: ....God bless Sir Jack!....Lou :wink:

Back