.277 130 Ballistic Tip

ROVERT

Handloader
Jun 18, 2011
This was a water jug test done at 25 yds with my .270 Win.

130 NBT @ 3250 fps: 62.9 gr retained (48.4 %), expanded to .777", recovered in 3rd jug.
DSC09927.JPG

It isn't quite the performance I want out of a bullet, although I'm sure it is more than capable of delivering some impressive kills. I thinks it is just a little too much velocity for the bullet.

For the amount of stress the bullet was subjected to, that isn't bad performance.

I forget what the max recommended impact velocity for the B-Tip is, something like 3,000 fps?

Good bullets, but no, they don't hang together like an AccuBond. Not supposed to!

This was a pretty extreme test for a Ballistic Tip. I think 3200 fps is the max recommended impact velocity and this should have been right there.

I've worked with 3100 fps maximum impact velocity with the Ballistic Tip. That is a pretty severe test for a cup and core bullet. I'd still say that the BT you show would have killed a deer quite handily.

Nice!
That bullet will drop deer like lighting.

JD338

DrMike":2ustficv said:
I've worked with 3100 fps maximum impact velocity with the Ballistic Tip. That is a pretty severe test for a cup and core bullet. I'd still say that the BT you show would have killed a deer quite handily.

Wow, I guess.. That would be one awesome deer load in your 270 Trevor. I can't imagine any deer walking ANYWHERE after getting one of those in the ribs and I almost bet you would get an exit with a rib shot too.. That is pretty tough if you think about the abuse it at 25 yards..

Back