150 PT's from a 270WSM 96.5 grains Retained

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
These were taken out of the 5th or 6th jugs, from right off the muzzle. Starting speed is a little over 3100. Load was 65.5 RL22, WW case, CCI250's.

Retained weight was 96.5 grains retained...

A53E78FE.jpg

8AF18CC5.jpg

4B712B3A.jpg

Nothing wrong with that bullet.
What weight is it?

JD338

150 gr My eyes are calibrated..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1088.gif

Thats what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure.
Great performance.

JD338

Yeah, that 150 PT in a 270WSM is capable of anything CC. I wouldn't fear hunting just about anything here in NA with that load. While not optimum for HUGE bears, it would go deep and I would likely have a bigger bore backing me should something bad happen. Everything else, just press the trigger and watch it take the dirt nap!

chant to self:

"Must not allow marginal WSM velocity advantages seduce me from -06 based cartridges"

"Must not allow marginal WSM velocity advantages seduce me from..."

chant to self:

"Must not allow marginal WSM velocity advantages seduce me from -06 based cartridges"

"Must not allow marginal WSM velocity advantages seduce me from..."

Not working, eh?

The 7WSM quickly moved into the inner circle of favourite cartridges when I picked mine up. I do like my 300WSM and my 270WSM. I love my 325WSM. I'm ecstatic about my 7WSM. Some cleavage!

Sounds like you too lived next door to the Linehan girls.

Hmmmm! Sounds like someone I should have known when I was twelve. :shock: Or, maybe not. :grin:

CatskillCrawler":3l1m0bfp said:
/sigh.....no

The 7WSM is like a young woman's cleavage to a 12 year old boy.

You would buy the drinks should one find a way into your hands. Mike was dead on, the 7 is very easy to load for and seems to digest about everything really well while not besting the shooter down and bringing some awesome ballistics to the table.

Good stuff Scotty! :) ..My Sako 270wsm loves both the 150gr PT, and 150gr Norma oryx...what was the retained weight pal?..Lou :mrgreen:

I will have to weigh it Lou. I will get back at you. Got some loading to do, I will get it up shortly.

Sako 270WSM - mine Loves 140AB and Likes 150PT, a buddy has the same gun and his Loves 150PT and does NOT like 140AB.
Go figure, but like everyone said, what can you not take in NA with a 270WSM and 150PT????

Back