140 AB - 270 WSM 2700 fps

lanman

Beginner
Dec 3, 2011
I am working on a lower velocity load for my girlfriend to shoot in a 270 WSM. I shot one of the lowest charge weights into the jugs today and caught it inside the fifth jug. The velocity is right at 2700 and it weighed 93.6 after. 66.9% weight retention. Boringly beautiful as all accubonds.

Did I mention that they SHOOT well!

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

I'd say they shoot very well! Velocity is for a 270 Win, but no one ever said that the 270 Win was inadequate for game. I'd think that will work just fine for her.

DrMike":352zv8w5 said:
I'd say they shoot very well! Velocity is for a 270 Win, but no one ever said that the 270 Win was inadequate for game. I'd think that will work just fine for her.

Yes, they are light for the WSM. But in a 6# Tikka T3 they still have a good bump..

Undoubtedly there is a bump. Nevertheless, that load will hunt, without a question. If she is comfortable with the recoil, the load will bring down about any game within reason.

Very nice Dano! That would be a load that no one would ever know how slow it was if you never told them. Good bullet action like that is good to see, even if it is entirely predictable!

That certainly is an excellent load for your girlfriend, a dead ringer for the 260 Rem at that speed.

And the 260 is no slouch at taking game. That is a great load you've developed.

No joke. It looks pretty dang accurate! I've got some loads that are turtles, but are accurate and I don't think any of the game has known the difference. I've got one 270 Win pushing a 140 AB at only 2800fps, but man is it a killer.
Joe

Back