6.8mm rem corelokt ultra bonded from 270 WSM

lanman

Beginner
Dec 3, 2011
I was digging thru the bullet stash looking to test something different than the boringly perfect AccuBond or Partition.. And I came up with these.. a 115 grain Remington corelokt ultrabonded and a 130 grain original Barnes X bullet.
I bought the 115's a few years back when I was loading for a young girl. She wanted a .243 for her birthday and ended up with a .270 instead. She killed one yound hog with this bullet. It was a DRT kill and pass thru. I personally don't have a 270 win, so I loaded one up in my girlfriends 270WSM. It was NOT loaded very hot. I used 75 grains of RL-33. I don't recall the estimated speed at the moment. I did find it in the bottom of the 5th jug and was surprised at its performance.

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

76% weight retention and 5 jugs.. Not bad for a little bullet.

That's some serious bonding, looks like that bullet turned inside out and still held together. Looks to be an excellent low recoil bullet that will perform well.

That is a cool little bullet right there Dano. Looks very similar to a Speer Deep Curl in the bonding. Wonder what the difference is between the AB since they always look sorta smooth in lead vs the others which look sorta bumpy and rougher looking when expanded. Great stuff.

SJB358":3dpgo2cv said:
That is a cool little bullet right there Dano. Looks very similar to a Speer Deep Curl in the bonding. Wonder what the difference is between the AB since they always look sorta smooth in lead vs the others which look sorta bumpy and rougher looking when expanded. Great stuff.

I'm guessing the lead compound or the rate at which it cools or a combination of the two.

Back