270WSM 150 Grain Bitteroot Bonded Core 3150FPS

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Well, I got my hands on some of these bullets thanks to a few good friends and was able to shoot one into the jugs today. I loaded them over top of my load of 65.5 grains of RL22, CCI250, WW cases. This load shoots incredible with 150 PT's at 3130-3150 depending on the day and attitude of the chronograph.

I lined up 5 jugs thinking that would hold it, as the BBC expands pretty widely and the 338 225 BBC was found in the 5th jugs. Well, I let this one fly at 25 yards and it DESTROYED jugs 1-3, pretty amazing, love the way it tears them jugs about, but it actually came out of the back of jug 5, lucky I had a piece of wood behind the jugs and the bullet was laying next to jug #5 in the dirt. I was VERY impressed..

Pretty danged great retained weight at 142.0 grains..

and .63 caliber expansion

I was very impressed, the harder you drive them the more they penetrate and expand. Very little weight loss....

If anybody ever finds them and is not going to use them for themselves, please let me know, I'll take any I can find. :grin:

Thank you very much J, A and Jamila. I appreciate it a ton!

Very impressive. Too bad they are not still marketed. Wonder what they would cost to manufacture today?

DrMike":1a8llqac said:
Very impressive. Too bad they are not still marketed. Wonder what they would cost to manufacture today?

They are very impressive Mike. Glad I have enough to hunt with now. Their performance seems very good.

That is impressive results and should take care of business, I knew you were on to something and I think your work has paid off for sure! Great work!

That is great Scotty. Your more than welcome, glad we were able to help.

Since we talked last, April has sniffed out another guy with some BBC's. He claims to have 60 7mm BBC's and I put in a standing order for them with him. If he should decide to sell them we will buy them and get them to you.

A funny story about my BBC search. I was told that there is a guy in Germany who is very good at finding stuff. I contacted him and ask him to look for some 375 BBC's for you. A day or two later my mother told me that she did not think Scotty had a 375. That fact alone was unimaginable to me. However if I get them I will send them to Guy or you can buy a 375---just joking with you Scotty. I called him back and told him to change the search from 375 to 338, my error.

Best Regards

Jamila

Africa Huntress":npej8px1 said:
That is great Scotty. Your more than welcome, glad we were able to help.

Since we talked last, April has sniffed out another guy with some BBC's. He claims to have 60 7mm BBC's and I put in a standing order for them with him. If he should decide to sell them we will buy them and get them to you.

A funny story about my BBC search. I was told that there is a guy in Germany who is very good at finding stuff. I contacted him and ask him to look for some 375 BBC's for you. A day or two later my mother told me that she did not think Scotty had a 375. That fact alone was unimaginable to me. However if I get them I will send them to Guy or you can buy a 375---just joking with you Scotty. I called him back and told him to change the search from 375 to 338, my error.

Best Regards

Jamila

Goodness, don't change the order, Jamila! Scotty needs to buy a 375 H&H! Should you find some .323s, he is also in need of a .325 WSM. :mrgreen: Poor guy, he doesn't even know what he needs. :?

Guess I might get my friend in Weisbaden to look around for some of these as i am sure he has contacts with the Forrest Miester and his friends as well !

I had some in BBC 7mm Mag several years ago, 150's I think? They are an impressive bullet on game.

Oldtrader3":do3uybmz said:
I had some in BBC 7mm Mag several years ago, 150's I think? They are an impressive bullet on game.

Old trader those would have been either 140 gr or 160's. Bitterroot did not make a 150 7mm.

Back