7mm-08 Partitions

Tommer23

Beginner
Feb 1, 2017
Factory load 140 gr. Partitions, chrono'd at 2650 from my 20" Model Seven.
Left: 40 yard shot on whitetail. Quartering towards, bullet entered in front of near shoulder, found in opposite hind quarter just under the hide. 110 grains.
Right: 140 yard shot on whitetail. Quartering towards, bullet entered in front of near shoulder, found in opposite hind quarter in flesh just after passing through the femur. 104 gr.
Both deer dropped where they stood.
About as consistent as it can get.

Loaded up some 140 partitions today with 40.5 grains of imr 4895 to test in my boys 7mm08!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nicely done! I have a few boxes of 140 and 150 Partitions that I wanted to try out in a couple 7mm-08's and a 7x57, just haven't gotten around to it yet. If they shoot half way decent there aren't too many critters that couldn't be taken with that bullet.

Going to try the 150 gr Partition in my 284 if the 140 A-Frames don't give me what I am looking for accuracy wise.

The Partition has always put meat in my freezer when used.

I've always found 140 grain Partitions in my assorted .284 caliber rifles to work very well. It is a preferred bullet in my Model 70 .284.

I've put two bulls in the freezer with that bullet from my 7mm-08.

I had a pass through one shot kill on a buck last year at 541 yards, same rifle and bullet.

P

And a fella needs another bullet because....???? :grin: :grin: Although the BT has never failed me. CL

Back