.280 Rem. Accubond

Tommer23

Beginner
Feb 1, 2017
Browning X-Bolt 22" barrel
140 AccuBond
59.5 gr. H4831
2900 fps
Whitetail 100 yards quartering towards shooting up hill. Entered in front of near shoulder, bullet entered ribs on opposite side and then followed the rib cage to the back. Bullet was found between last and second to last rib, breaking through every rib before that. 92.5 gr. retained weight. Deer dropped like it was hit with lightning.

That's impressive performance and demonstrates just how tough the AB is.

JD338

I have found the AccuBond to be the most consistent performing bullet in every rifle I have shot it in. Accuracy is easy to get, and it is very reliable on game from wolf to bison to date.

My 280 likes the 140 grain, and my STW loves the 160 grain.
I've tried the 150 gr ABLR in my 280; not showing very good results yet. Have not yet tried the 168 gr ABLR in the STW.

Welcome to the forum, Tommer. That is pretty impressive performance of a great bullet. The .280 has to be one of my favourite cartridges. I'm shooting 140 grain bullets from my Model 70 and 150 grain ABLR from my Model 700. Either is up to the task with mule deer, whitetail, elk and moose.

Blkram":816nzbwa said:
I have found the AccuBond to be the most consistent performing bullet in every rifle I have shot it in. Accuracy is easy to get, and it is very reliable on game from wolf to bison to date.

My 280 likes the 140 grain, and my STW loves the 160 grain.
I've tried the 150 gr ABLR in my 280; not showing very good results yet. Have not yet tried the 168 gr ABLR in the STW.

ABLR's are finicky to load but man do they shoot once dialed in!

Back