150 Ballistic Tip

Gunner46

Handloader
Jan 12, 2015
Not much going on for 7mm tests, so I thought I'd show one of the loads I've used for many, many moons. It's given me about a dozen 100% 1st shot kills on whitetails & pigs.

Ruger MKII, 7mm/08

150gr Ballistic Tip
WLR primer
R-P once fired brass
2.800 OAl
40.5gr RL-15
+/- 2650 fps. (YMMV)

IMG_20150501_104213.jpg

That is some fine riflery. Clearly, a fine load that will work just fine on quite a variety of game.

That's a great shooting load.
Try slamming one into some water jugs

JD338

I wish I could show a recovered bullet, but they have all decided to just keep going 'that a'way'. No place to put one thru the jugs either. Sucks living in a Metro area. Takes me 1 1/2 hrs. just to get to a range.

It worked Great on the pigs, but actually I think it's a bit stout for whitetails. Tended to run a bit. Not bad, always within 100yds, but the pigs never made it past 20yds.

To be honest, I've put this load in my Reserve and gone to 140 AB/BT's as my mainstay.

If you can't get your hands on 140AB's don't overlook the 150BT. At that velocity I wouldn't hesitate to use it at medium range for an elk hunt.

I love the RL-15 in a few rifles. Not surprised by the performance in the 7/08. Looks like you nailed down a great combo in your rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back