7mm LRAB

thatguySHM

Beginner
Feb 11, 2017
So this morning I went out with a random load for the 7RM, 68.0gr Retumbo with the 175 LRAB, max on Hodgdon site for the Partition at around 50k CUP, so I felt comfortable starting there. Norma brass, 0.015" off the lands. Only shot three rounds, all over the magnetospeed for 2915 with an es of 10.

Anyway, shot through five jugs at 50 yards, didn't contain the bullet, couldn't find it in the berm. Going to load up a few more and shoot again after a football game, using buckets this time. Wanted to use the ELD-X to see how they do close up also but will just try a three round group at 100 and try to capture the ABLR this time.

More to follow! They definitely penetrate up close.

SHM

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The 7mm ABLR's are tough bullets. They expanded quickly
but hold together for decent penetration.
Looking forward to seeing your results.

JD338

77.9 grains
Went through a milk jug, Arizona tea jug sideways, 40lb kitty litter bucket and punctured into the second 40 lbs bucket. That's all at 50 yards. Should work great no matter the distance.
8ed1ae6a0e41afc307280df582385dc4.jpg
12aab50ff8c431a9bfb745cb42c20e69.jpg
c8cc7da2e80167358ba13a92901695ce.jpg

I have not used the LR version of the AB but have hunted with the AB for a couple of years. They are a great bullet with great penetration and expansion. I have seen the results in the field on game.

Nice. That's penetration almost into tomorrow.

JD338

Elkman":1aw1je9v said:
I have not used the LR version of the AB but have hunted with the AB for a couple of years. They are a great bullet with great penetration and expansion. I have seen the results in the field on game.
Every large animal I've shot besides one has been with the AccuBond, just heard reports the new ones are a bit soft for the closer shots. My rifle now shoots a zeroed 150 Swift 1.5" high and my ABLR are dead center. Doesn't get much better than that

Every large animal I've shot besides one has been with the AccuBond, just heard reports the new ones are a bit soft for the closer shots. My rifle now shoots a zeroed 150 Swift 1.5" high and my ABLR are dead center. Doesn't get much better than that
No it doesn't, in each of my rifles I use the same load bullet combination for all game, that way you are not fiddling around with the rifle between seasons.

Back