7mm Mashburn Super Mag 132 Bitterroot 3530 FPS

SJB358

Ballistician
Dec 24, 2006
Had the afternoon off today so I figured I might as well bust some jugs.. My favorite bullets to recover so far are the old BBC's.. Just can't push them fast enough to hurt them, at least with anything I own.

I used 80 grains of RL26 with a Speer 130 SP. That netted me about 3400+

Knowing the BBC's tend to be stickier bullets, I loaded the same charge and hoped for about 3500...

I was pretty happy when I read the Magnetospeed on that one. That is express sorta stuff right there..

Anyhow, here are the pictures and stats.

This is what I found walking up to the jugs. The bullet is actually coming out of 4, but cracked 5 hard enough to make it leak.

Widest point of expansion.

Narrowest

Measured on the expanded front end.

And it weighs 102.2 on my old scale

Without a doubt, the BBC was/is a fine bullet that will perform well. Excellent velocities, Scotty, and superb performance from the bullets.

Thanks Mike. Really a pretty fun deal and a good use of an afternoon...

Couldn't help but notice that you use new sealed jugs of water for your testing.
Does that work better then jugs you fill from the tap?
Those bullet hold together very well at those velocities your cranking.

Nope, makes no difference. I just grabbed 10 jugs at Walmart for .68 a piece cause we don’t drink nearly as much milk around here with the boy gone.

SJB358":ud2njlmx said:
Nope, makes no difference. I just grabbed 10 jugs at Walmart for .68 a piece cause we don’t drink nearly as much milk around here with the boy gone.
How's the Boy doing in Boot? I imagine thier milk bill went up when he arrived :lol: I know when I was in boot I never got enough to eat and if not for milk I may have lost more weight then I did.

truck driver":2ez5j5ac said:
SJB358":2ez5j5ac said:
How's the Boy doing in Boot? I imagine thier milk bill went up when he arrived :lol: I know when I was in boot I never got enough to eat and if not for milk I may have lost more weight then I did.

He’s doing well. We’re headed to Parris Island next week to see him graduate.

jason miller":2ez5j5ac said:
What a ripper! That would be an absolute MPBR hammer!

Oh yeah, not too much need for anything other than pressing the trigger. :mrgreen:

SJB358":mzzf6ncr said:
truck driver":mzzf6ncr said:
SJB358":mzzf6ncr said:

Hard to believe that enough time has passed got him to complete this phase of training. Congratulations to Brandon and to Dad!

DrMike":397vpy02 said:
SJB358":397vpy02 said:
truck driver":397vpy02 said:
SJB358":397vpy02 said:

Hard to believe that enough time has passed got him to complete this phase of training. Congratulations to Brandon and to Dad!

I know Mike! It’s really gone by fast. He is now considered a Marine. After the Crucible they are presented their Eagle, Globe and Anchor then transition into calling their DI’s by their proper rank rather than calling everyone Sir. Good idea I think. They also get lessons on what the real MC is like and how to succeed. Proud of the boy. Can’t wait to see him.

Well Scotty I think the Boy has grown into a Man. Time to let the Boy go and receive the Man.
I know your proud of him and if he's anything like his dad he will succeed.

TackDriver284":3cxd7rtk said:
3500 plus, wow. That is a fast pill. It's sure a tough bullet.

I have shot a bunch of different bullets at this point, both in animals and into jugs. Never seem any better performance from the bullets we have today. But, these were handmade by a single fella back in the day with only the best materials. BUT, saying all that, there are a few bullets out there that come up pretty close and surpass the BBC's in some aspects.

Back