7mm Sendaro SF II-168gr Nosler Long Range Accubond Recipe

KLO

Beginner
Feb 15, 2018
Hi Crew,

Looking to chat with fellow 7mm rem mag Sendaro SF II owners. I have been trying to find a super accurate load ( holes in holes kinda load) for my rifle. Currently, I have been trying to get an accurate as possible load using the 168gr Nosler Long Range AccuBond bullets.

I have tried H1000 and IMR 7977 POWDERS.
Rem 9 1/2 primers
Nosler brass
I am also two thousandth off the lands.

So far its been okay. But I am looking for more tighter or a group and cant seem to figure it out. Anyone out there have a great recipe? Thank you for your time.

Welcome aboard, KLO. Good to have you posting.

I worked up loads for several Senderos using H1000 and 160 grain AB. I was able to work up loads that shot .37-.40 inches with boring regularity. Never worked with the 168 grain ABLR. I haven't had much success with the 168 grain ABLR, though I have an excellent load in one of my 280s with the 150 grain bullet. That doesn't help you much, I know, but that is the limit of my experience. I have noted in rather extensive work with the AccuBond in various cartridges and less extensive work with the AccuBond Long Range in a few cartridges, that I found the greatest accuracy when allowing for a good jump to the lands. Usually, I allow 0.100 inches of jump for the best accuracy and the highest velocities.

DR.Mike,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Yeah that's the sort of accuracy i'm looking for. I am getting sub MOA but I know with this gun I should be getting the 0.3 -0.4 inch groupings like you.
Perhaps I should drop it down to a 160gr ABLR. But first I will get that bullet maybe a little further from the lands and follow your advice of 0.100 inches to the lands. Hopefully this helps.

I would definitely seat the bullet deeper. I do know from somewhat extensive experience that the AB and the ABLR give the greatest accuracy with what some consider an exaggerated jump to the lands. I've demonstrated this across a somewhat extensive variety of firing systems and cartridges.

DrMike":11vo5dxd said:
I would definitely seat the bullet deeper. I do know from somewhat extensive experience that the AB and the ABLR give the greatest accuracy with what some consider an exaggerated jump to the lands. I've demonstrated this across a somewhat extensive variety of firing systems and cartridges.

Amen, try them at least .100” off just to see. They are a bit fussy about that.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a cool rig you’ve got.

KLO you came to the right place to make your 7mm sing. Pictures of your rifle and targets shot help in the evaluation of your loads.

Hi Guys, okay so I am finally gona get around to reloading tonight. I'm going to try the 0.100'' of the lands as DR.Mike and SJB358 had recommended.

So in other words I am going to be further from the lands since I have previously reloading two thousands from the lands with using my hornady bullet comparator.

so for example...... if my coal is 2.242'' and I want my bullet 0.100'' from lands 2.242''-0.100''= 2.142'' COAL. Right or am I thinking wrong?

Id love to add a photo of my rifle.......but don't see a link to upload a photo?
Thanks guys

KLO, you are spot in. In your example, 2.142 would be where I would start.

KLO":3fgoh6xi said:
DR.Mike,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Yeah that's the sort of accuracy i'm looking for. I am getting sub MOA but I know with this gun I should be getting the 0.3 -0.4 inch groupings like you.
Perhaps I should drop it down to a 160gr ABLR. But first I will get that bullet maybe a little further from the lands and follow your advice of 0.100 inches to the lands. Hopefully this helps.

Hello my friend, just keep in mind that if you as you said” drop down to 160 ABLR” you are going to a different bullet since the 160 is a regular AccuBond.

The LRs are 168 and 175. I use the 175 and they are awesome Bullets.

Not a 7mm Rem Mag but a 280 AI with the 168 gr ABLR

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20170409_135110985.jpg
    IMG_20170409_135110985.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 693
Supercat":1u6mfjio said:
JD338":1u6mfjio said:

JD338

That’s crazy! What more can you ask for?

He is going to need to ask for his rifle back from his daughter I think :mrgreen:

I would also try a different primer if you don't see any improvement. I use CCI BR2s in my 7mm rem mag with good results.

SJB358":vkvjzx33 said:
Supercat":vkvjzx33 said:
JD338":vkvjzx33 said:

JD338

He is going to need to ask for his rifle back from his daughter I think :mrgreen:
I'm in trouble guys...

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20191124_155805135.jpg
    IMG_20191124_155805135.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 656
JD338":2prza3b1 said:
SJB358":2prza3b1 said:
Supercat":2prza3b1 said:
JD338":2prza3b1 said:

JD338

I'm in trouble guys...

JD338

Yup! Once a child or a grandchild lays hands on a favourite firearm, you had as well kiss it "Good-bye!" It looks quite good on her shoulder, Jim. :mrgreen:

DrMike":1weznez2 said:
JD338":1weznez2 said:
SJB358":1weznez2 said:
I'm in trouble guys...

JD338

Yup! Once a child or a grandchild lays hands on a favourite firearm, you had as well kiss it "Good-bye!" It looks quite good on her shoulder, Jim. :mrgreen:
[/quote]

I agree, it’s gone! :mrgreen:

Back