Hunting Weather

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Besides WY it looks like MT also is getting some early snow fall. I hope this helps to cause the bears to look for places to hibernate and brings the Elk down from their summer range. It is causing me to get anxious to get out there and go hunting. :grin:

Saw where there was another Grizz attack in south western MT along the Yellow Stone. The person got lucky because they were with friends and had Bear spray which got the bear off the person.

It will have to get quite a bit cooler to cause the bears to den up, Rodger.

I could see new snow on both Mt. Adams, and Hood this morning on my hike. Some of the clear cuts were white and they are down lower.

DrMike":3afn0szz said:
It will have to get quite a bit cooler to cause the bears to den up, Rodger.
Yeah I sort of thought it would have to get below freezing and stay there for a while before they would den up but still like the idea of the snow moving the Elk out of their high summer range.
Elkman":3afn0szz said:
I could see new snow on both Mt. Adams, and Hood this morning on my hike. Some of the clear cuts were white and they are down lower.
That's good to here Bill should make the up coming season interesting.

Snow hitting the peaks of Northern and Central Utah the weekend.. Should really stir things up..
Take care
Ed

Raining all weekend here...... Including antelope opener 25 Sept

This reminds me of one of my Dad's favorite sayings when somebody would bring up hunting and weather....He'd say "The only Weather that matters is Whether or not you want to go hunting"

We just drove through snow for about 100 miles this evening from Lincoln to Choteau this evening. Bears don't always den up even when it's cold. A lot have become smart and now don't den up until after rifle season. Lots of wounded and gut piles to eat. The last few years we have shared our deer hunting area with grizzlies right up into December. They might have been there longer, that s just when we quit going hunting

Back