Hunting with my daughter

shoots_5

Handloader
May 15, 2009
Last day of archery season here in Oregon. My 7 year old daughter had been begging to go hunting with me so I told her she could go today. She was so excited she could barely sleep last night and came in and woke me up early this morning saying she was ready to go! In fact she also got her doll dressed up in camo and she was ready to go too.

Saw 5 really nice bucks but they were all on private property we didn't have permission to hunt. Also saw 2 coyotes which she thought was pretty cool. One of which didn't see us so she got to watch it mouse in the meadow it was in.

No shots but was quite possibly my favorite hunt to date!
70315aeedc2d90fc8f0920e79c9b3b49.jpg

I think I wore her out.....
de0dd217b4d5f64daedb8e2a3cb448e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is outstanding! May you both have as memorable, and many more hunts together in the future!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

She's beautiful. Enjoy the times you get to spend with her.

One of my favorite pics is of my daughter with her first buck. I grunted it in and she made the shot. Good memories.

FB_IMG_1506285742910.jpg

Dressing her doll in camo is the height of anticipation! (y) Sounds like a cool hunt. I can understand why it would qualify as your favourite hunt to date. Pictures of successful hunts with your children is just great. Don't have nearly enough pictures of my girls fishing with me, but my memory banks are filled with great times.

That's awesome! Days like that are the ones that stick in your head. I didn't have any sons, I have 3 daughters..The eldest two are girly girls, but my youngest is my partner in the outdoors..She got her first buck last year and she's already planning a hunt for when she's home from college during Thanksgiving break..

Outstanding! My daughter (12) is my favorite hunting partner, and has been now for a couple years. Girls bring a sense of wonderment back into hunting, and a little common sense that sometimes lacks when I hunt by myself. (A couple years ago we were whitetail hunting in late November, and it dropped to -10F late in the morning. We were hunting an area that we spend a lot of time in, and when we came to a fork in the trail, I asked her if she thought it would be smarter to hunt the ridgeline or the old orchard -- both being areas she's been to with me. She was quiet for a second and then came up with "I think it would be smartest if we go back to the pickup and drive up to the Gateway and get a cinnamon roll and hot chocolate." I didn't argue.)

maverick2":1xqemsua said:
A couple years ago we were whitetail hunting in late November, and it dropped to -10F late in the morning. We were hunting an area that we spend a lot of time in, and when we came to a fork in the trail, I asked her if she thought it would be smarter to hunt the ridgeline or the old orchard -- both being areas she's been to with me. She was quiet for a second and then came up with "I think it would be smartest if we go back to the pickup and drive up to the Gateway and get a cinnamon roll and hot chocolate." I didn't argue.

Smart girl! (y)

Shoots5- Got something in my eyes... hard to see the key board...my little girl will turn 25 this week. Know that you are a blessed man...Whatever, and however things go in the future....you done good. CL

Always enjoy hunting with my daughters. We would always find or see something interesting and that usually made the trip.

Thanks gentlemen! I'm pretty proud of her. She's my oldest and is my girly girl. I have another daughter that's 4 that is my tom boy.... I was surprised at how much she wanted to go hunting....she didn't last long and was generally more interested in pretty rocks and old bones we found but it was a spark none the less that I didn't think was there with her. It will hopefully be the first of many trips to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff man. Enjoy every minute of it that you can.
I hunt WT deer with my grown daughter every year. It is absolutely the highlight of my season every year.
Way to go buddy.

JD338

Great stuff.. cherish these moments and keep those close to your heart, they will be gone in a flash.. My oldest daughter will be 31 this December, and I have many fond memories with her in the field, and she has killed numerous Muley bucks and one fat doe on a drought management hunt. I have another daughter that never took an interest in hunting, that's ok too, she was always the first one in line at the grill when the steaks were ready. My son was another of my hunting partners, and he holds the family Mule deer trophy record.. As I sit and type this my heart is filled with joy and a little sadness.. I really miss those times. My wife Kelli is my partner in everything and we continue to make memories. They are all special!! Looking forward to our Muley hunt in Colorado unit 80, and I am very excited as Becky, my oldest, will be there too..
Take care
Ed

Awesome hunt. I look forward to spending time with my daughter every fall. She’s a little girly but handles a four wheeler and rifle with the best of them. Very proud of her and enjoy seeing her excited.

Back