Been A While

highcotton

Beginner
Sep 28, 2010
It's been quite a while since I've posted, life seems to get in the way sometimes. I managed to slip out Saturday morning to the stand before shop work had to begin- killed the biggest deer I've seen in 25 years.

Attachments

• 10-13-18buck2.JPG
    10-13-18buck2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 588
highcotton":1o8gmaq8 said:
It's been quite a while since I've posted, life seems to get in the way sometimes. I managed to slip out Saturday morning to the stand before shop work had to begin- killed the biggest deer I've seen in 25 years.

Good to see the post. And a successful hunt is always an occasion for rejoicing! Excellent!

Outstanding!

Thanks for dropping in and dropping that awesome buck on us too!

Guy

Welcome back. Congratulations on your buck.
He is a dandy.

JD338

hunternyny":332vrs0q said:
congratulations.

Do you intend to mount those antlers over your fireplace ?

Yes sir- a trip to the taxidermist was made. Shot was around 170 yds with a 140 AccuBond over H414. 270 WIN.

Nice Buck, I guess Micheal didn't wash that one away with all the flooding you guys had down south.

Na...cant be... a 270 wont reliably kill big deer.... NOT!!! :grin: Great looking buck. Glad you got away from work too. (y) Well done. CL

truck driver":3bbp705k said:
Nice Buck, I guess Micheal didn't wash that one away with all the flooding you guys had down south.

TD- Florence followed around a week to week and a half by Michael was really tough. My part of the state was not hit terribly hard. We had some wind damage and heavy rain but little flooding. I’ve traveled assessing crop damage and it was really hard in some areas. I have some really good friends who may not make it to farm again next year.

Nice deer. Nice rifle. A 270 didn't kill that big deer!! It would hve damaged the rifle. :lol:

Al in SC":3p6jwi01 said:
Nice deer. Nice rifle. A 270 didn't kill that big deer!! It would hve damaged the rifle. :lol:

It's bad when your own dad gives you a hard time....

highcotton":dz01bp32 said:
Al in SC":dz01bp32 said:

It's bad when your own dad gives you a hard time....

Now, that is cute! Never give a child a fair chance. We have to keep you kids in line.

Back