2018 Hunting Pictures

Ugh, I am not keeping up with the postings.

Too Tall, Coop22250, Mcseal2, 35 Whelen, Bbear, congratulations to all of you. Those are some fine looking animals. I love seeing photos of your successes. I am impressed with the expansion of the 180 grain E-tip at 370 yards. I wish I could tap a couple of coyotes but they are pretty nocturnal around here.

Dan

Nice deer guys, love to see those pics. Living here in AK I get to jonesing for a nice deer hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil, a friend of mine took a nice axis in Texas. He hunted black buck the next day. Both were private land, but it was related to me that both are considered invasive species so rules are liberal on them.

If bbear doesn’t get back to you, I’ll ask what part of TX.
04f9861e65437ec34585f08ea141dc0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, pretty and well done mount!

My deer come from around Melvin/Brady area. McCulloch County. We've got too many axis on the place but I'll hold off on those until after the whitetail season is done in January

Axis deer are definitely the best looking deer on the planet!
Awesome mount on that one!

If memory serves, isn't March the best time to hunt axis deerin Texas? Been looking at doing that hunt for quite a while...just need to get 'er done!
Too many axis on your place?
I'd be very happy to come down and help you with that!!!

Heres another Jackson county buck taken with my Encore with a 357 Maximum barrel. The DNR let us play by rifle rules during the muzzle loader season in the CWD management zone this year. This boy wandered out of the corn about 8:10 the morning of the 7th.The bullet was a 170gr Fury Custom flat point pushed at 2400fps 20181207_083446.jpeg20181207_082645.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yoda, I really like the thumb whole trick. Looks like the buck likes it too. I got my first Tom in Jackson county. Nice country for hunting. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice buck!

Also Thanks NYDan

Coop22250, living in deer country I can't wait to get back to Alaska. I guess it's a grass is greener situation.

mcseal2":2hgxsyee said:

Impact velocity was around 2075fps according to my ballistic calculator.

I got around to weighing the E tip. It weighed 179 grains, started out at 180grains. It must not have lost anything but the plastic tip. Maybe it added a little bit of deer and lost a bit more, but either way it did extremely well.

Yoda, that is a terrific looking buck. That 357 Maximum sure did the job. Nice rifle. What would a buck like that score?

Dan

Right around 120 gross, hes a litter short in tine length and the busted g3 dosen't help

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My daughter Danielle shot this 3 point on the last day of muzzleloader season, last 15 minutes of legal shooting time. This year we could use center fire rifles in CWD areas so she used her Remington 700 Classic 257 Roberts with a 115 gr BT at 100 yards.
Way to go Danielle!
JzY1gBH.jpg

JD338

Excellent! Congratulations to your daughter JD.

And congratulations to all the others who have harvested game, well done.

Managed to take a doe for the freezer this morning. Shot was about 30 yards with 9.3x62 mauser. 286 PPU RNSP pushed by 65 grains of big game for 2500 fps.
a32c6bf2b9bc7d860455530dff1ca138.jpg
b0751c035e417ed45b6f5d005a3acf98.jpg
acfe0ed78ec073d9dbe73d4aa61595fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back