2019 Hunting Pictures

Bruce, congratulations on the coyote.

Ken, congratulations on the coyote and the javelina.

Jim, congratulations on the coyote.

Dan

We slayed a few lizards today in Puerto Rico. We shot at least double this many and it was just too thick or too hard to get to them for retrieval. Not bad for sweating our way through 4 hours at 89 degrees.

Attachments

• Iguana hunting 2.jpg
    Iguana hunting 2.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 6,220
  • Iguana hunting.jpg
    Iguana hunting.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 6,220
  • Iguana hunting 3.jpg
    Iguana hunting 3.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 6,220
Very neat. That thinned the population (for at least a week or two).

It looks like your Lizard hunt was very successful :wink:. I was wondering if they are edible?

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":3hjgvnax said:
It looks like your Lizard hunt was very successful :wink:. I was wondering if they are edible?

Blessings,
Dan

Taste like chicken! :? They are called "Chicken of the Trees." :mrgreen:

The guide said they taste like chicken with a fishy after taste. We were going to keep one to try it but asked too late after they had been in the sun for a while at 89 degrees. He said you have to cool them off immediately.

Some good pictures and hunts. Man that's a pile of lizards!

Elkhunternm, I'm gonna test my gun table knowledge......your rifle caught my attention. The biggest picture looks like it's a commercial Mauser, and by the stock configuration I'm gonna guess a Parker Hale?

Started 2019 with some free range New Mexico oryx hunting, Kayla started hunting big game with me this year, this is her second big game animal

160 yards, 6.5 Creedmoor 127 barnes LRX, one shot.

Helping her dad with his broken horn tag, 338-06, 200 gr AB

Super proud of this 13 year old young lady, hunts occurred on successive weekends, we had a blast hanging out together, I feel truly blessed that my daughter wants to hunt with me. Watching my kids learn to love the outdoors is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Congratulations! That looks fun!

Hope my granddaughter wants to hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. Congratulations to the young huntress. She appears to be off to a great start in her hunting career.

ShadeTree":1r1h30h6 said:
Some good pictures and hunts. Man that's a pile of lizards!

Elkhunternm, I'm gonna test my gun table knowledge......your rifle caught my attention. The biggest picture looks like it's a commercial Mauser, and by the stock configuration I'm gonna guess a Parker Hale?
Yes,it is a Parker Hale with a varmint barrel. I think the action is a Santa Barbra which IIRC was made in Spain.

Congratulations Kayla on a fine trophy and also you Tobey284 :wink:.
It is so good to see another young hunter learn to enjoy and appreciate the outdoors (y).
The photos just top off a great post.

Blessings,
Dan

Wow. Most outstanding! Congratulations to Tobey and Kayla. It is great to see younger people getting involved with their parents.

Dan

Back